P1 : C13

There was a soft echo of beeping to my left, the faint light sound of something tapping every so often. My eyes were heavy, feeling swollen from the effort of trying to stay awake, all while waking up in the first place. 

The room was dark, except for the lights that hung above me. Something shimmered blue beyond it, which was curious enough. 

I turned my head to look around. Finding that I was still in the lab where I was before. Except Peter was there, asleep in a chair beside me with his arms folded across his chest. It was the first time I had seen Peter in a state of silence where I hadn't told him to be quiet. It was actually a bit sweet, and yet a bit weird not hearing his voice every few seconds. Peter had his jacket over the back of his chair, grey long sleeve shirt with a weird flame or star symbol stitched over the left part of his chest in the same grey material. I wonder what is was.

Moving to sit myself up I felt the numbed and swollen pain in my abdomen. It was enough that I had to sit up on my elbows. Everything tilted a bit, blurring around the edges. I was getting tired of passing out, of waking up in a completely different place each time with no idea of how I got there in the first place.

"Vele?" Peter sat up in his chair, rubbing his eyes and scratching his head. "What are you doing?"

Nothing. I wanted to say but my voice sounded raw and barley anything came out when I tried to speak.

"Nevermind, don't try to speak." He said with a yawn as he stretched his arms over his head.

How long had he been there?

"Hank did a scan on the thing they pulled out of you." He said standing up. I gave him a puzzled look. "Hank's the guy who cut you open."

I nodded.

"It was a tracking device. Emitting a power surge when the person tracking you is nearby, but it only activates when that person has a reason to." He walked across the lab and pulled something out, a heavy blanket, from the cabinets that lined the tops of the walls near one of the lab tables. Peter walked back over.  "Here, just lay down." He told me.

I eased myself back down, laying flat on my back. Peter unfolded the blanket and placdd it over me. Instantly I felt warmer.

"We have reason to believe that it was The Collector who was tracking you. He laced the bullet before he shot you, knowing that you would escape him and that we would help you, the tracking device was what we found inside of you." Peter sat back down in his chair.

I wanted to ask him if there was any real chance me actually being safe.

"The power surges you felt really drained you." Peter said quietly, "We dont entirely know why he did what he did to you in that way but we can guess it was for partial revenge and partial deaperation to find you and keep you all to himself. Like one of his little gems or one of those aliens he has stuffed into one of those tanks."

Peter flashed a grin to me a moment before he reached out and fiddled with one of the tubes in my arm. Lightly running his fingers over the plastic.

"You'll be weak, tired mostly. The Professor has set up a place for you to rest, you'll have privacy and no one will bother you there." Peter trailed off on his words. He had a sad look on his face, he was trying not to look at me 

"You're leaving." I said, my throat crackles with effort. "Peter?"

Peter looked up to me. "Gamora has had enough. She wants to move on and do things besides helping you out. And I don't mean for any of this to sound bad or to hurt you. I'd never hurt you."

Peter stopped fiddling with the tubes and I slid my arm out from beneath,  but I placed my hand on top of his in reassurance.

"I agree with her." I told him.