P1 : C21

Ara's eyes glowed, providing light in the dark room. No one spoke, though I know there were many questions to be asked. Ellith grabbed my hand and pulled me over pressing her forehead to mine. "They are here for you. Whatever happens please remember your family."

"Don't scare her, sister. I'm positive nothing will happen to separate us." Ara hissed quietly.

A ruckus began outside and Gillian pushed us all back, his body becoming a shield for all three of us. "These walls are impenetrable, but your acquaintances' are crafty and they seem to hide many tricks up their sleeves." Gillian peered over his shoulder at me.

"Acquaintances? You mean them?" I asked, fuzzy thoughts enveloped my train of thought and I suddenly felt lost and scared.

"You were first found by those rascals before you came to father." Ellith was trying to be an assuring sibling, but her words just made me more anxious.

The pounding out beyond the doors grew intense until it suddenly stopped and the doors opened slowly. They must have been heavy, three guards had to push each door.

"Vele? Can you come out?" A soft voice called in, there stood all five of them at the entrance. The large man held a weapon aimed at the guards, as did the rodent. The Terran man looked inside with desperation, "Vele?"

Gillian and my sister's quickly pushed me to the back, hiding me behind their bodies; Ara became defensive just like Gillian.

"Leave. Thanos will kill you; Vele cannot go with you." Ellith spat out.

"All of you come with us then. We can protect you." The green woman offered.

"Protect us? You must be joking. You tried to protect my sister and yet my father managed to swipe her away as if it were the easiest job in the world." Gillian snickered and Ara gestured for me to get down on the ground.

As I slid down, kneeling behind them all I saw Gillian take a daring charge towards the intruders. My heart jumped into my throat, preventing me from screaming his name.

My brother!

There was lots of noise, shouting, flashes. So much happening all at once that I blacked out. My head throbbed and heart pounded, my mind was racing to break free. I sat up from the floor, heavily breathing, tears poured from my eyes, but not from fear, the air was sour and stung. Something had happened. I got to my feet, seeing the world teeter around me.

"Vele!" Someone shouted. I saw Gillian running towards me, as if in slow motion. But someone tackled him to the ground. A green woman appeared before me, smiled and then sprayed something into my eyes. It stung beyond my own belief, when I breathed it in my throat tightened and I could hardly breath at all. My body doubled over and I found myself being hauled over a shoulder, tightly held to a chest.

"Quill! Let's go! Now!" She shouted. 

And not to anyone's surprised I blacked out again.

My eyes opened once more, but this time to a bright blue light. 

"She's waking up, you guys!" A raspy voice hollered. 

I tried to sit up but a firm had pressed down on my chest to keep me still. "You're not going anywhere." The face belonging to that hand was angry, grey, fierce. One that had seen death many times before.

"Drax you can let her go, it's okay." A woman said, she stood next to him. "I've got backup in case things get too out of control. Groot, where's Quill?"

"I am Groot."

"I'm here!" His voice snapped in, scaring me. I sat up all the way and looked around. I couldn't recognize any of the faces that surrounded me, even their voices and looks were strange. "Vele, hey, it's okay. We won't hurt you."

"Unless you try to kill us first." A furry rodent suddenly walked past me and stood beside a tree.

"What do you want with me? If this is a plan to get something from my father I can promise that he will vanquish all of you without breathing." I told them, afraid they might have taken me for ransom or to become a slave once again. I was not about to return to a life of obedience. 

"No, we don't need anything from your father." The woman said in hushed tones. "We only want to save you."

"You were a prisoner with him. He wiped your mind, picking away memories that he thought would make you his enemy." The man looked at me, his eyes went red and began to water, he was more upset than anyone else seemed. "A young man, named Kip, you should know who he is, but he told me about all of the things Thanos decided to do to you. I'm aware of what he's taken, you're here because we need to put those pieces back and turn you into the Vele that I know." He opened his mouth as if he were going to add something else but he turned and quickly left. 

"What do you plan on doing with me?" I asked, feeling unwell and quite nervous. 

"Nothing for right now. Just sit here and wait." The woman grimaced and left as well.

The big man, tree and rodent were left. I didn't know what to say to them, I believed that they didn't have as many answer as the other two, so I didn't want to ask them any questions at all. The rodent just stared at me, the tree quietly talked with the bigger man, picking at the twigs lodged in his arms.

I was so very afraid, worried that I wouldn't get to see my brothers or sisters again. They were what I longed for most; aside from my father, who I could sense was watching over me carefully, I had to find a way to get back to them. The skills I possessed wouldn't allow me to take an escape pod out, cross that off the list. Something would come to me. It had to.