P1 : C14

The Professor told me to rest for a few days before we proceeded with any further investigation about my past, my family and what to do to keep me safe. 

For four days I laid in bed, staring out the window at the endless rain. I had never seen so much water come from the clouds before, it was impressive and beautiful. And yet altogether terrifying. I felt that if it rained any more then we would certainly drown.

Peter was kind enough to tell me a few things about Earth, filing me in on what I had to know in order to 'fit in'. So he sat with me, explainging how evolution took place here in the most simple terms that he could come up with, even though I know a lot about it in the first place. He even told me about where he grew up, the music he listened to and the movies he wanted to show me. Peter knew that I would end up staying here for a long time. And that's when I realized it. Peter stayed because this was his home. This was where he grew up and lived a life. It had to be the real reason why he decided to stay with me here at the institute, but I couldn't be certain unless I asked him.

But there was one thing entierly that puzzled me. Peter left off when he was talking about his past, when he was talking about his last moment with his mother. Of course I felt terrible that his mother was so sick and she died when he was so young. I wanted to ask him what had happened, why he would not speak of it but I respected him, when he went pale and silent I knew to keep my own mouth shut.

The Professor visited me early in the morning, asking me to go with him. Peter was asleep on the floor, leaning up against the foot of the bed. I climbed out of the bed and tip toed around Peter, following the Professor out the door and into the hallway.

"I hope I did not disturb you." The Professor said quietly.

"No, you are alright." I told him.

"Good." The Professor showed me down to an elevator, which led us down another level into a silver hallway. 

There were people walking and out of a room to another right across from it. Logan even walked past.

"Logan." the Professor said, as we came to a stop.

"Yeah?" Logan walked back out with his hands in his pockets. 

"Are we making any progress?"

"With the researching?" Logan asked. "Heck if I know, I'm not doing that work. Jean hates my company."

"Logan, go back in there and bring Jean out to see Vele." the Professor told him. Without another word Logan nodded and went inside the room.

"I apologize for the behavior of Logan," the Professor said.

"There is no need. I saw many men like him from where I came from. It is not uncomman that a man acts that way. I am used to it." I told him.

"But you are not used to our kindness, I can see that." he said.

"That is true. I am not accustomed to all of the kindess an support that you show each other here. Where I came from, things such as this were almost unheard of." 

The Professor nodded and Logan walked back out with Jean.

"Hey there Vele, how are you feeling?" she asked me with a smile.

"Better." I told her.

"Awesome, well come inside, we've got to get to work." she gestured into the room and I followed. The Professor followed behind and Logan came in last.

The room was large, the ceiling was low and the same color as the floor and walls. Everything was shiny, silver and looked cold. Even the air felt chilled. Jean led me to a table and patted the surface, I hopped up and she rolled up the sleeve of my shirt, drawing out a needle.