P1 : C9

When Peter let go I didn't phase my skin back, I let it stay the way it was. Though it was fairly awkward between us after he stopped hugging me, I kind of like it. No one had ever really hugged me so nicely before, I had gotten hugs but they were too firm or too quick or rough. The Collector hugged no one but himself. I would see it through the grimy windows, people kissing and hugging each other. Showing compassion to those people, or some complete strangers, that they held dear.

I had always just seen it. Never experienced it for myself. Peter gave me a glimpse of what it was like and I thanked him for it.

I left my scars out, there was no fainting and I didn't feel dizzy, maybe it was because I didn't phase back to a clear clean skin that my body was always trying to fight off from me. Which could have been the cause of why I never felt good after I phased.

Peter went down in the lower deck and I stayed put on the top, standing back, watching Gamora flying the ship smoothly. The stars were clouded in bright blues and yellows and reds that it was almost mesmerising. Drax was somewhere in the ship sleeping, Groot and Rocket were at the mapping table, discussing something about a new machine that Rocket was working on.

"How long until we get to our destination?" I asked, taking a seat in the back.

"Ten hours at the least." Gamora answered, she pressed something on the controls and spun around. "You look tired, you should get some rest."

"I'm fine." I told her plainly. "You all have been working the most, I'd say that you should have the rest. You fly the ship, literally argue with Peter almost any moment you get with each other."

"That's true." she said smiling, almost laughing. "Though it doesn't always seem like Peter and I get along, deep down we get each other. I mean, we almost did date each other once."

"Date each other?"

"You know what a date is right?" I nodded. "Well Peter asked me out, not really ask out, but he implied it. But out little get together got side tracked when Groot and Rocket got into a heap of trouble with some officials from the Blasting Quadrant. We were chased around for a few days before we flew out of their restriction and got to safety. From that day on Peter didn't ask to meet up with me anywhere again."

"How long ago was that?" I asked her.

"Eh, about two years ago. No biggie though. I was going to dump his sorry ass and stay on the ship with the others." she told me standing up, stretching her arms above her head. "Well anyway, that's over with. Plus, I'm just about done with Peter and his weird hair."

"You think his hair's weird?"

"Yeah, I don't like the way it curls like that. It's an odd color too. I can't tell if it's orange, yellow or dirt." she laughed.

I laughed with her, only because I somewhat agreed upon the color myself. I didn't not find his hair weird. I have never really seen curly hair like this before but I did somewhat like it.

"Well, since you suggested rest, I'm going below to catch some shut eye. I'll shoo Quill out and make him do some flying for a bit." she yawned and walked past, patting my shoulder. "Get some sleep, you look a mess."

I knew she was referring to my scars and bruises but I also knew she meant that I needed some sleep. I felt tired just a little but not enough that I had to sleep. Or that I had to do something about it.

I could hear Gamora shouting at Peter and Peter shouting back. Rocket was laughing in the background and so was Drax. Both of them almost seemed like they couldn't control the laughing they were bellowing out.