P1 : C4

Somehow I fell asleep there, somehow I guess I just relaxed enough on the ship to fall asleep. But it didn't last long when I opened my eyes to find Peter trying to sneak past me, failing as the floor creaked underneath him.

"You are not the best at sneaking around." I said. Peter jumped at my voice and turned.

"You're a light sleeper." he said with surprised eyes.

"You have to be when you work for The Collector." I told him, sitting up. "Otherwise you can get punished and locked into one of his tanks like the other oddities in his possession."

"Wow, he really does that?" Peter asked. "I thought that was just a rumor."

"Well, he really does it and I was almost one of them when I did not wake at his command." I said. "I should be grateful that I am not on display."

"Yeah, I would be too." Peter mumbled.

"What were you doing, if I can ask?"

"What was I doing? Oh, I was just trying to not wake you up so I could find Rocket." he said. "He's sort of run off again, with a bomb, and Groot isn't helping me."

"Groot only says 'I am Groot', how is that helpful to anyone?"

"True." Peter nodded with a sigh. "Fair point. Makes more sense if you understand the dialect I suppose."

I nodded with a shrug of my shoulder.

"How far away are we from our destination?" I asked him.

"Not far off at all." he answered. "Got a bit of time, don't have a specific number though."

"What happens to me once we arrive?"

"We hand you over to Nova Prime and she'll take it from there. We don't know what will happen to you." he said. "But I can stick around just to make sure you get off alright."

"Are you doing it because I tased you?"

"Yes." He happened to answer that too quickly, hardly a second after I even asked the question. 

"What I still don't understand, is why I am here in the first place. I think I've asked each of you multiple times, and it's always a different answer than the last. All I want is a straight answer; what am I doing here? Why me?"

Peter's grin dropped and he furrowed his brow in deep thought. "Technically this is supposed to be a pick up drop off mission where we're supposed to get paid." he told me.

"So I'm cargo."

"No. You're a person." he said, "Forget I said that."

Peter sat himself down on the seat beside mine, a little too close for my taste. "I guess what I was trying to explain was, it was our job to find where you were located and get you away from The Collector and into safer hands."

"All because there are people out there who wish to take me." I rested my elbow against my knee and leaned my chin against my hand. "Who are these people who want me?"

"People," he answered, "Possible bounty hunters, thieves, ravagers, junkers, all kinds."

"How is it that I'm only just now hearing that there are people out to get me?"

"I'm sure The Collector wanted to keep you in the dark as much as possible so you didn't get it in your head to run away." Peter sighed deeply, "What's more disturbing is that none of it is very recent. Some have been at the trail for years I suspect, probably since you fell into The Collectors hands."

"Most of my life then." I tried not to count back to my first memory of Tivan. Tried and failed. "But why are they looking for me? What's so special about me?"