RECIPE: Soft and Chewy Molasses Cookies

Its almost that time of the year for all those yummy treats and amazing smells. 

"SO EXITE" -Bunny (Grav3yardgirl)

....

Yield: 20 small-medium sized cookies

Prep time: 15 minutes

Bake time: 8-9 minutes

Ingredients: 

Cookies

- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened

- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed

- 1/4 cup granulated sugar

- 1 large egg

- 1/3 cup unsulphered molasses

- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract

- 2 teaspoons cinnamon

- 1 teaspoon ground ginger

- 1 teaspoon ground cloves

- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

- pinch of salt

- 2 cups all-purpose flour

- 1 teaspoon cornstarch

- 1 teaspoon baking soda

- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

Cinnamon sugar coating

- 1/2 cup granulated sugar

- 2 to 3 teaspoons cinnamon

Directions: 

1. Cookies - to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or a large mixing bowl and electric mixer) combine the butter, sugars, egg, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes.

2. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the molasses, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, optional salt, and beat on medium-high speed until combined and smooth, about 1 minute.

3. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, cream of tartar, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 45 seconds.

4. Using a medium 2-inch cookie scoop, form two tablespoon mounds. Place mounds on large plate or tray, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, up to 5 days. The dough is soft mushy, limp, and isn't suitable for baking until it's been chilled. Do not bake with unchilled dough because cookies will bake thinner, flatter, and be more prone to spreading.

5. Preheat oven to 350F, line baking sheets with aluminum foil or spray with cooking spray; set aside.

6. Cinnamon-sugar coating - add sugar and cinnamon to a small bowl and stir to combine.

7. Roll each mound of dough through the coating, liberally coating all sides. After all mounds have been coated, you can go back and double-dip each mound to get an extra thick coating.

8. Place coated mounds on baking sheets, spaced at least 2 inches apart. Bake for about 8-9 minutes, or until edges have set and tops have crackled; don't overbake for soft cookies. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. 

9. Cookies will keep upright at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.

...

Thank you to averycooks.com for this amazing recipe!