10. Turning Tables

Dedicating this chapter to BAMbooks 'coz not only is she a great writer with so many creative ideas but also because I love her comments. :) Do check out her profile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 10

TURNING TABLES

One word - Awkward

To say that the situation could be described by this one word would be the understatement of the century.

I watched Kim as she understood the situation, finally and completely avoided making eye contact with me. Her eyes were lowered and she was biting her bottom lip. Her cheeks were tainted red in embarrassment and she was tightly holding on to the blue fabric of the couch on which she was seated.

On the other hand, I was biting my lips too, not in embarrassment, but to keep myself from laughing at the absurdity of the situation that we were both in. Kim's expressions were not helping either. They were so damn funny for me.

The sound of the doorbell broke the awkwardly funny silence and Kim jumped from the couch and shouted, "I'll get it." Her voice was urgent, way too urgent to get away from here.

A chuckle escaped my lips as I watched her run hastily towards the door and I turned towards the cupboard that had Adam and mine stock of DVDs. I safely put the new DVD in its case.

"Who is it?" I asked Kim over my shoulder.

"Pizzas," she answered.

I turned back to look at her and found her holding the door half open with her right hand, while her left hand was rested on her waist as she looked at me.

"Money is on the counter." I pointed towards the kitchen counter and she nodded. I again turned back towards the cupboard and placed the DVD safely in a corner.

'So what if I can't watch Cookie's trip to fame while Kim is here? I'm so going to watch it later, in complete detail.' I grinned and sighed dreamily as thoughts of what all was going to happen after Cookie had so seductively said, "Anything" haunted my mind.

"Do you have soda?" Kim's voice broke the train of my erotic thoughts and I mentally groaned. How I wished that Kim was not here right now?

"Fridge," I replied as bluntly as I could. My tone was bored and I dragged myself towards the counter and plopped down on the seat to eat pizza. There was nothing better to do now. Nada! Nothing at all!

"Oh my God! You've blueberry cheesecake." Kim's excited squeal made me look at her over-excited face.

"I do?" I asked, frowning a bit.

She rolled her eyes and took out something from the fridge. She showed me the cheesecake slice that was placed in a medium sized plate. Yes, it was that cheesecake. I was sure it was Adam's as he had a fetish for that thing, while I could never understand what the fuss about this cake was all about.

"Yeah, eat all you want," I told her nonchalantly.

She snorted in response. "As if I need your permission to eat this."

Deciding to ignore her remark, I poured soda for both of us and started eating the only good thing that was left in the world for me - pepperoni pizza. I was depressed as I had just faced a huge loss of not watching porn. This led my thoughts to wander towards everything that had happened in the last twenty four hours.

I freaking canceled my important family visit, had an almost fight with my best buddy, danced at a gay club, humiliated myself to the core and worst of all, I couldn't watch Cookie's Trip to Fame. And all this happened just because of one person, Kim or was it because of me and my malfunctioning tongue. Whatever it was, I was pissed, pissed at myself for letting all this happen.