26. Keeping Up The Facade

Dedicating this chapter to Achu2911 as she is an amazing writer and a beautiful person. Please do check out her romantic story 'In Honour Of the Heart'. She is entering it in Watty Awards and it would be great if you guys could check it out and support her. Her story is beautiful!

Will be dedicating the next chapter to my awesome readers and commentors. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 26

KEEPING UP THE FAÇADE

I woke up with the slightest headache. The intake of alcohol last night was nothing I couldn't handle! The memories of last night replayed in my head and I smiled thinking about Kim. I had kissed her. It was definitely not the first time I had kissed a girl; this could be counted as a huge joke. But, it was my first kiss with Kim.

Great, just great! I was sounding so girly to myself. Next thing I know, I might as well be squealing or awing at the sight of something pink. No matter how much I tried to deny things, I knew that it was special and perfect, even without the involvement of tongue. And that, my dear friends, is saying something!

No amount of alcohol could make me forget that I had slept with Kim last night. That would not be a complete truth, though. As I tried to remember everything, I realized that I couldn't remember everything exactly. Just bits of what all happened. I definitely remember that there was an earthquake last night.

Without opening my eyes, I stretched my right hand to my side to feel Kim's presence beside me. But, all I could feel was a messy bed sheet. My eyes shot open and I looked around the room. We had slept together. Shouldn't we've been waking up together as well? Isn't that what happens in shitty mushy romantic novels?

Rubbing my eyes, I got up from the bed and looked down at myself. I was still in my clothes of last night. No surprise there. But, I was not wearing my jacket. I didn't remember removing it here. Still, I took a second and looked around the room. There was nothing here. Probably, I forget it at Precious' house or maybe I threw it on the way to here when Wyatt's sister was dropping Adam and me, while we both were singing 'Merry Go Round' at the top of our voices.

Without wasting even a single more second, I ran towards my room to brush my teeth and to use the washroom. As soon as I was done with it, I sprinted downstairs to find my family sitting on the dining table. The first thing I noticed was that Kim was not here too. The second thing was that my family was unusually quiet. The noise of my footsteps made them look at me from the breakfast in their plates. They were not even eating it. It was as good as untouched from what I could see.

"Where's Kim?" I asked, looking at them warily. The expressions on their faces were not giving me any kind of excitement and I could tell that something was wrong. None of them answered. They looked at me with a look that worried me to hell. "Where is Kim?" I asked again.

Unknowingly, there was some sort of anger in my voice. It was actually the nervousness that was growing up inside me and I made it sound like anger. Hailey sensed my tensed voice as she stood up and came towards me with a comforting smile on her lips. She kept her hand on my shoulder and looked at me with concern in her eyes. "Is something wrong? Did something happen to her?" I asked her, almost in panic.

"She... she left," she told me, watching my expressions carefully.

At that particular moment, all hell broke loose.

I was at a loss of words with shock and looked at my sister properly. There was a huge possibility that she was joking around with me. I mean, C'mon, it was Hailey and me; we live to make a joke about each other. But, as I looked at her blue eyes that gave away that she must have cried this morning and her pale cheeks; I concluded that what she had just told me was anything but a joke.