36. Completely Lost

Dedicating this chapter to _cLoVeR_. Well, thanks for being sooooo awesome. I've nothing much to say except... well... you deserved it. :) Stay Awesome. :*

Dedicating to my amazing supporters, like the one above. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 36

COMPLETELY LOST

"I'm here!" Veronica's chirpy voice made me drift back to reality from my thoughts; thoughts that have been keeping me occupied since yesterday when I came back from Miami; thoughts that were doing nothing good for me or for anyone else.

"Let's go," I told her as I got up from the couch of her apartment. I started moving towards the main door, but noticed that I couldn't hear Veronica from behind me. To keep a check, I turned around and saw her fixed at her spot and looking at me with furrowed eyebrows. "What's wrong? Not in a mood for dinner?"

She shook her head in response and took steps towards me. "What's wrong with you?" she asked, once she reached me.

"Huh?" was all I could ask.

"You didn't complaint even once and you waited for a good one hour for me to get ready without saying a word. You didn't compliment me on how sexy I'm looking in this lavender dress. You didn't even look at me properly like you usually do." She pouted as she kept her hand on my shoulder. "You're not being... you," she finished, looking into my eyes with slight concern.

I heard her patiently but I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that I waited for a complete one hour while she got ready. How in the world did I not complaint or entered her room during this long wait?

Maybe it was all because of my thoughts that have been wandering and going back to everything that happened in Miami two days back. Or maybe it was because I still couldn't believe that so much had happened in less than a week. Or maybe it was because I still couldn't wipe off Kim's expressions when we had finally pulled away from the hug; her expressions that were a constant reminder of each and everything. I don't know for how long we were like that, holding each other tightly. All I know is that pulling away from that hug was the second most difficult thing I had ever done in my life. First one was watching Kim turn away with tear stained cheeks and a smile on her lips; and not being able to do anything about it.

"Keith?" Veronica's voice brought me back, once again, from the thoughts that had held me from two days.

I shook my head slightly to clear it from all the mess and asked, "I didn't?" She shook her head, pouting those red lips that I had kissed uncountable times. I stared intently at her from toe to head while taking steps towards her and smirked as I told her, "Maybe it's because you look gorgeous as ever." I stopped right in front of her and snaked my arms around her waist. She was quick to lean into my touch and quicker to take my 'a*s saving dialogue' seriously.

I leaned towards her and kissed her red lips.

Nothing!

The reaction that my body used to give to her kisses and touches was not at all there. There was nothing and this realization made me back off slightly from the kiss.

Veronica looked at me with surprise and I, to cover up my shocked expressions, smirked and told her, "We're getting late for dinner." This made her giggle as the restaurant we were going to was a very high class and posh restaurant - her favorite.

My mind that had not been at its place since last two days decided to go back to the memories that were a harmful territory to think about, and no matter how much I tried to make it understand, all it could think about was a certain brown eyed brunette. Throughout the drive, I clenched and unclenched my jaw or gripped and unwrapped the steering in a death grip.