13. Little Guilt Trip

Dedicating this chapter to THEVALIANT07 for the AWESOME banner on the side. Thank you so much! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 13

LITTLE GUILT TRIP

The moment I went downstairs, the next morning, I spotted Dad, Mom, Hailey, Brian and Kim, all of them sitting together at the dining table and laughing over something.

"Good morning," I greeted, yawning in the process.

They stopped laughing the moment they heard my voice and looked at me. "Morning," was their answer in unison and then, they again started laughing.

"What are you guys laughing at?" I asked.

"Just something Kim told us," Hailey replied between her laughter. My head snapped towards Kim and I raised my eyebrows, questioning her about what she had told them that made them laugh so much. In response, she shrugged her shoulders, fluttered her eyelashes while looking at me with a mischievous look in her eyes. My eyes bulged out in horror as my mind wandered to all the possible things that Kim could have told my family. Most of the things, well, all of the things that I could think of involved me.

"What is that 'something'?" I asked from no one in particular as I sat in the empty chair beside Brian and opposite Kim.

"Man, she was telling us about some guy who peed at her professor's door in the middle of the night," Brian answered and laughed when he finished the sentence. My eyes bulged out in utter horror as I heard this and looked at the brunette sitting opposite me, who was apparently, smirking at me.

In reflex, I narrowed my eyes at her and ran my fingers through my messed up morning hair. I asked Brian, "Who... um... who was that guy?"

"We don't know, man. She is not telling his name," he replied, sounding disappointed.

"Kim, tell us his name. Which boy would be so disgusting to pee at someone's door in the middle of the night? Don't you agree, Keith?" This question was directed towards me from my own Dad, who was unintentionally calling his own son 'disgusting'.

Before I could answer, Kim piped in, "Very disgusting. Right, Keith?" She looked at me with that fake, sweet smile of hers with which I had become very acquainted to.

"Um... maybe that guy had a very strong reason to do such an act." I tried to reason my own actions in front of my family as I avoided looking at any of them. To look at ease with the situation, I shrugged my shoulders and served a bacon in my plate.

"The only valid reason is that if his bladder was about to burst," Brian said and everybody started laughing, obviously except me. I let out a forced laugh as I looked at Kim with narrowed eyes.

I used my thumb to act like slicing my own throat while mouthing to her, 'You're so dead.'

She raised her eyebrows at my action and said, "Oh! I think I'm kind of remembering his name now."

"Ahh! Tell tell who that was?" Hailey asked excitedly, clapping her hands in the process.

"Yes, tell me his name, Kim. I would never let Hailey name her kids that. Well, Keith as well," Mom said, taking a sip of her tea.

While my family was busy asking the name of the 'disgusting boy' from Kim, I was trying my best at telepathy and even trying to tell Kim, through my eyes, not to say my name to my family.

"Keith," she said and I looked at her in disbelief. Did she just tell my family that it was me on whom they were laughing since last past ten minutes?