The Final Deal - Epilogue

• Dedicated to YOU! My Readers! :)

THE FINAL DEAL - EPILOGUE

"Will you please marry me?"

These words are probably meant to be the most romantic words ever said by a guy to a girl. But, as I stared at Adam who was currently bent on his knee with his hand in front of me, I realized that this sentence was anything but romantic.

Adam rose his eyebrows in a questioning manner and there was a spark in his eyes; a spark of happiness and pride.

Bast*rd!

Sighing heavily, I ran my fingers though my hair for probably the twentieth time in the last twenty minutes.

"You're taking all day, Keith. Just say yes and get your nervous a*s out of it." I snapped my head towards Lee and looked at him with narrowed deadly eyes, showing him the pissed off expression to the best capability I could muster in this nervousness.

With Adam leaning in front of me, waiting for my answer with a huge smile along with excitement in his eyes and Lee looking at me with an irritated expression on his face, I decided that it was time to finally tell them my decision. "No!" I said flatly.

Just as the word escaped my lips, Adam's gleeful and expectant expression changed to that of complete shock and sadness. "What?" he asked with his mouth wide open. "Why would you say no?" He stood up and looked at me with confusion all over his face as if he couldn't believe that I had just said no to him.

"Why do you want the drama to stretch, Keith? I've to go back. Joanna is waiting for me." Lee didn't try to hide his irritation as he said this with an exasperated sigh.

"I would have said 'yes'," I told him very seriously, looking straight in his eyes. I turned back to Adam whose confused expressions were still very intact and told him, "If you hadn't added 'please' to it."

He rolled his eyes at me, and said, "Kim will like it, you idiot. Autumn did when I proposed her." A grin appeared on his face when he mentioned his fiancé.

"Well, that was because you were desperate to marry her," I smirked as he looked at me narrowed eyes. Ignoring him, I continued in a very firm and strong voice, "I'm not going to use that word at all. I'm not that desperate."

As if it was planned, both my friends started laughing the moment those words escaped my mouth. I gave them a cold stare, but it was of no use as they high fived each other amidst their laughter. "You-" Lee pointed towards me with his index finger and managed to say in between his laughter, "you, Keith Warren, are not desperate to marry Kimberly Jones?"

Their laughter increased as Adam joined him in pulling my leg, "You'll be ready to touch her feet and beg all your life if that is what will take her to say yes to you."

"F*ck off!" was all I could say. Truth was I could readily nod at what he had said. He was so right, not that I was going to tell them that, despite of the fact that they knew it very well. Before they could make fun of the lack of a smart a*s reply from me, I brought them back to the topic. "Will you guys suggest me something else? Something better and practical?"

"Seriously Keith, just take her to a nice restaurant. Put the ring in her glass of champagne, bend down on your knee and ask the damn question. There is nothing to be so scared of," Lee said. Noticing my scrutinizing gaze on him, he added a bit defensively, "This is a tried and tested formula by me, myself. And, look at me; I'm a happily married man to a six month pregnant wife, who will definitely divorce me if I don't reach the hotel room in next ten minutes." He finished off by looking at me pointedly with accusing glare.

"You're whipped!" I brushed him with a roll of my eyes and sat down on the near-by couch.

"You're the one to say." Adam snorted.