33. Fighting The Tension

Dedicating this Chapter to Bookaholic4eva. Thank you soo veryy much for being so supportive & dedicated towards this story. This is to tell you how much I've apprecaited your wonderful comments on this story. :) Hope you'll continue enjoying my works. :)

Thanks to Wattioners for the beautiful banner on the side. You're wonderful. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 33

FIGHTING THE TENSION

Visiting Miami and not going to a beach is like going to a strip show and not watching the hot girls strip. Impossible. Things were better as we had our main schedule of shoot at a private beach. The entire team was busy setting up their equipments for the shoot and was busy with their job related works. While I was busy basking in sun's glory. Getting a little nicely tanned was a plus side of this trip.

"Sunbathing. Huh?" I opened my eyes and saw Brianna towering my laying body.

'No sh*t, Sherlock!' would have been the appropriate answer to her obvious question but I decided to not let the matter extend and just muttered, "Yeah!"

Smiling slyly at me, she sat down on the beach recliner placed beside mine. "So, where were you last night?"

"Huh?"

She bit her lips and peeked at me from under her eyelashes. "I came to your room last night, but you were not there," she said in a low seductive voice, but all I could hear was desperation.

Before I could open my mouth to ask her to stop these ways with me and to show her desperation somewhere else, one of the assistants called us, "Everything's ready."

I looked towards him and nodded my head. I stood up from my sunbathing seat and went where the team was waiting for me. Very happily, I might add. Girls like Brianna were a huge turn off for me. There was a time when I used to bang at each and every opportunity I got. I had met girls who wanted the same things from me as I had wanted from them. The deals were done and thrown away.

But then, everything changed. All because of the girl who was standing a few meters away from me and looking into her camera with complete focus. Things started changing five years back when she left me without so much of a word, that is if I didn't include the letter. There were times in these five years about which I didn't like to remember or talk about. There were times when I had searched for her on all world famous social networking sites for hours, but never got even a clue as to where she was. There were times when in Hendersonville, I used to go to my school's terrace and think about the date we had. There were times when I...

"Keith?" Her voice broke away my trance and brought me back to the reality.

"Yeah?"

She tilted her head to the side and looked at me with slight concern. "You okay? I've been calling you for about a minute." Was she? Just as I was about to say that I was okay, she added with a teasing voice, "Missing Veronica?"

This was like splash of ice cold water thrown at my face. What the f*ck was wrong with me? What was the need to think about those five years that held no importance in my life now? What was the need to think about Kim when I was so over her now? What was the use of thinking about times I had spent with her when there were much fresher and nicer times I had spent with Veronica?

Probably it was all just this place; the place that held one night memories of Kim and me. Maybe it was just this beach; the same private beach where Kim and I had seen the sky change its colors eight years back. I was just getting slightly nostalgic.