Chapter 1 - The Curse

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail. It belongs to the genius that is Hiro Mashima-sensei.

"If you're gonna get her to be your fake girlfriend, you can't ask her for permission first."

"Then?"

Cana just smirked. "I have an idea, but first, you've gotta promise yourself something."

Gray raised an eyebrow. Promise myself? "Are you sure it's not something I gotta promise you?"

"Nah...I wouldn't care either way. It's just a warning."

"Now you got me curious." Gray was getting impatient.

"Make sure you don't fall for her."

Faking and Loving

Chapter 1

Erza Scarlet was always known as a woman with very little patience when one did not obey her order the first time round.

"Lucy, wake up! We'll be late for breakfast."

The blonde-haired girl in question was still wrapped up in her blanket, refusing to greet the morning sunshine. She was mumbling a few words, which Erza was sure some sort of excuse to skip breakfast to enjoy a little more time sleeping.

That wouldn't do.

"LUCY!"

Lucy Heartfilia immediately sat up with a start and wide awake. She turned to her left to see her new friend/roommate with a stern expression as always.

"Erza! You almost gave me a heart attack!" Lucy complained.

"You should've woken up the first time." Erza responded.

"Erza, I really need some extra sleep. I'll just skip breakfast. You go on to the dining hall without me."

"One does not skip breakfast, Lucy. It is bad for health." Erza reasoned. "Sleeping too much isn't good either."

Lucy sighed. Ever since she befriended Erza a few weeks since her transfer to Fairy Academy, she had quickly learned that the scarlet-haired young woman was a woman of high discipline and that she did not back down from her own reasoning.

"Erza," Lucy began gently," I'm not sleeping too much. If anything, I'm getting less sleep because you keep the lights on till 3AM to study, and I can't fall sleep unless it's dark."

Erza was quiet and Lucy took it as a good sign since her roommate didn't argue with her about it and was actually considering Lucy's reasoning.

"I'm sorry. I had no idea."

YES! Lucy couldn't help breathe a sigh of relief since it actually took her a lot of courage to argue with Erza's reasoning.

It had been happening ever since she moved in Fairy Hills, the all-female dorms in Fairy Academy two weeks ago. Erza Scarlet was her first female friend since her transfer, and she had been ecstatic that Erza had offered to become roommates.

But from the first night, Lucy had been unable to sleep, with Erza keeping the lights on in the room to study. At first, Lucy thought it was a one-time thing, but apparently she learned Erza Scarlet was Fairy Academy's top student and she had a reputation to uphold. She studied till 3AM every night, and while Lucy was amazed that she was friends with such a hardworking genius, she couldn't bring herself to stay that her studying was the reason Lucy had such a hard time sleeping.