Awkward Friends

Faking and Loving

Chapter 2

Gray Fullbuster was proud to admit that he was popular not just due to his good looks, but rather his amazing athletic skills in general. In the end, he chose to play basketball, since Fairy Academy's basketball team was in a dire situation, with most skilled members already graduated. With the main members consisting of Gray Fullbuster, Natsu Dragneel, Laxus Dreyar, Gajeel Redfox and Fried Justine, victory was not merely a dream. For the past two years, Fairy Academy's basketball team had earned countless victories, even beating against powerful athletic schools like Saber Academy.

Fairy Academy had been an escalator school for a long time now. It was only a few years ago that the academy decided to provide dormitories for students. Students from all over Fiore were accepted to Fairy Academy. It had slowly risen to become one of the most popular school in Fiore. It wasn't a school that was particularly known for having intelligent students with outstanding grades, and it wasn't a school for the elite either.

As long as a student had at least one incredible talent, the school will accept the student and even give a full scholarship.

Fairy Academy had diverse talented students, each possessing a talent so outstanding it earned them a spot in Fairy Academy. The students that shined brighter than the others, that were well known throughout the country; earned full scholarships. The majority of the students accepted had exceptional talent in sports though, and even musical talent.

However, very few actually were accepted because of excellent grades and high intelligence which was why Fairy Academy had been the topic of discussion in almost every meeting of the Ministry of Education in Fiore for producing students with average grades every year.

Markarov Dreyar, Principal of Fairy Academy for over 20 years, had proposed accepting students regardless of their background. The school was generous in giving out scholarships, as many students with talent but came from a poor background were admitted. Despite their numerous talents, these kids have little-to no motivation in studying. Markarov was glad there were still many sponsors that were willing to fund the school but still couldn't help but be disappointed in the examination results every semester.

Which was why starting from last year, in order to help the students gain a little enthusiasm in studying, an Honor Student Award would be given to the student who achieves the highest result in all of the examinations overall, full attendance, and perfect behavior. Generally students in Fairy Academy were highly active in extra-curricular activities, but this award would only be given based on the criteria stated.

Besides the title and reward money of 1 million jewels, the student could get the privilege to go anywhere in the world for a month. It was enough to motivate the ever hardworking Erza Scarlet, for reasons yet to be revealed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Make sure you don't fall for her."

Like that was even possible.

Gray wasn't paying attention to class after his conversation with Cana that day. There were so many reasons as to why it would be impossible for Gray to like his hot-tempered, red-haired friend by the name of Erza Scarlet. He was going to list it all to Cana the next time he saw the brunette.

He vehemently denied that falling for Erza would ever happen, listing all of Erza's faults and how she was not his type at all, but Cana just laughed it off with a "Whatever you say" and a knowing smirk to top it all off.