Day One - Act One

Faking and Loving

Chapter 7\

Day 1

Wednesday, 11:58am

It had only been a few hours since the first period and already Erza was worn out.

She expected that being the (fake!) girlfriend of the popular Gray Fullbuster would undoubtedly cause attention, but she had no idea it would be to this extent.

During the whole class Erza constantly felt people whispering and she could feel the burn of some stares towards her direction. For some strange reason, the stares she felt weren't burns of rage like she expected, but more of curiosity. Of course, being the stoic person she had always been, she ignored the stares as best she could, instead concentrating on the problem that was present on the board.

This was only the beginning. She would tolerate this for now.

The bell rang indicating that it was finally time for lunch break. Like the other students, Erza stood up, bowing at the teacher who dismissed their class with a final reminder of homework, to which some groans of the students could be heard after the teacher left.

Clearing the books on her table, she turned to Lucy who was whining at the pink-haired boy in front of her about how she would not let Natsu copy her homework this time around.

"Lucy, let's have the sandwiches I made near the school fountain." Erza said, her tone slightly commanding as usual.

The blond girl looked at her weirdly. "Eh? Weren't you going to share that with your boyfriend?" She glanced towards Gray, who froze stiff for a few seconds.

Natsu glanced at Gray curiously.

Erza returned her strange look with one of her own. "What boy –"

" - Erzaaa! You made lunch for me?! Even you can be sweet." Gray hurriedly interrupted her with an arm around her shoulders while he laughed nervously.

Erza's eyes widened in realization. How could she forget in such a short time? During the whole class she was thinking about how to ignore the upcoming attention!

Oblivious to the panic in Erza's whole being, Lucy attempted to praise her redhead friend in front of Gray. She wanted Gray to have a good impression of Erza after all, and hopefully change his mind and stick with having Erza as his girlfriend. "Erza's really sweet, Gray! You guys should have your alone time so I'll just take Natsu here and we'll be off!" Lucy hurriedly grabbed Natsu's wrist and dragged him out of the class, leaving Gray and Erza alone staring after them.

"That was close." Gray breathed a sigh of relief.

"Sorry, it was my fault." Erza tilted her head slightly to look up to him.

The raven-haired boy turned his head to Erza's direction and just realized that his arm was still around her securely. When did their faces become so close to each other?

"Hey Fullbuster! Getting some action so early huh?"

Gray snapped out of his trance hearing the catcalls of his teammates. He looked over to see Fried, Elfman and Bixlow smirking at him.

Gray hurriedly let go of Erza, startling her. He coughed slightly, his hands covering his mouth in an attempt to cover his embarrassment. "Shut up."

"Erza Scarlet, man! That's still hard to believe!" Bixlow, who was also part of the basketball club laughed mercilessly.

"Getting confessed to by the monster Titania Erza! That's MANLY!"

"Erza's manlier than Gray actually." Fried commented.