Chapter 1

It was a day that would surely change his life.

Drake Stanford was walking home from school with his older sister, Alyx. Drake was 13 years old, whereas Alyx was 16 years. As they walked home, Alyx slapped Drake's back and snickered. Drake reached around his back, gripping at the Post-It note. It read "Kick Me.". Drake sighed. It was an old trick. But that's was ok. Older sisters treated younger brothers rotten. There were some worse moments. Like when he reached into a Mike And Ike box with an angry bee in it. Or maybe the worse time was when he got locked in his room with the very Barbie doll he broke. An eye popped out and that's what made it creepy for him. Drake and Alyx both had jewel green eyes, but that's the only similarity between the two. Drake has black hair while Alyx has long blonde hair. His room was messy and hers is neat. And just now, one was treated rotten while one was spoiled rotten. Drake was skinny, but not that skinny. He had little chubbiness, which is why most of the girls liked him. Alyx was famous herself for a bad reason. She was chewing bubble gum in class and blew a really huge noticeable bubble. But the teacher never noticed. She did though, when it popped. It echoed all the way to the principal's office. She had detention for a week. Since then, her nickname was "Popper".

They turned the corner and saw a black SUV parked by a house. There was a man and a little girl. She couldn't be more than eight or nine years old. The man was wearing black. A black hoodie and black jeans with sunglasses. They both went into the van and drove away.

"We probably should call the police." Alyx said.

"Nah." Drake replied. "Probably just a dad picking up his little daughter."

Alyx shook her head. "She didn't have a backpack on, and the guy had black on."

"Ok. They were going to Disney world and spending the night. And the guy could like wearing black. "

"That could be true. But the way he was acting suspicious. I don't know about you but to me, I think that's police call emergency."

Drake said nothing. She did have a point. But that was Alyx, always sees the underlying picture.

That's when it happened.