Chapter 5

When Drake ate a pastry, the hunger vanished. As he ate, the officer was writing details about Alyx. When he asked about personality, Drake almost said annoying. But he held it back. This was serious. He simply said, "Nice."

"Son, it's ok." Agent Slanto said.

"It's not Alyx. There was another girl, kidnapped by the same masked kidnappers." Drake sighed, shrugging.

This is news. Another girl! The agent sighed. If this is yet another case of harrasment, then what the FBI was dealing with was a complete sicko. "How old?" the agent asked.

"I dunno." Drake replied. "Eight or nine, maybe."

Gross. How sick can ya get? An eight year old and a sixteen year old girl.

Time for the investigation.

*************************************

Meanwhile, Alyx and the girl, Ruby her name, were parading around the room. Alyx noted the crack. She took the rock and threw it. It crumbled, but not noticeable. Good. One smash would crumble the escape hatch to leave. Ruby had calmed down a little, but they were frightened to death.

While Alyx looked around, her eyes caught a shovel and a pickaxe, camoflauged with the walls interior design. She smirked.

Escape, she thought, was gonna be easy.

************************************

Drake was the first and only one who admired this.

It was near dark, and they were headed to the police bureau to report. Afterwards, they rushed home.

"We should get some shuteye." Slanto said. As if Drake was tired. He was energetic with fear and hatred. His hands automatically balled up into fists. Once the house was dark and everybody in bed, Drake snuck out to his friends when it happened.

A helicopter flew by, dropping an object...a bomb? Drake quickly took cover. The chopper flew by and was soon in the distance. After 5 minutes, Drake decided it wasn't a bomb. In fact, when he inspected it, it was a phone. It bleeped and words were displayed.

WHAT R U DOING

~BL58

Drake texted back

UHM...WHO IZ DIS?

drake.mann

IF U MENTION A THING, SHE DIES.

~BL58

The kidnappers!

Another text came in.

IF U SHOW DA FONE, TO ANYONE, SHE DIES :-)

~BL58

ransom?

drake.mann

TOMORROW IS THE FIRST CALL. NO FBI. I CAN MONITER UR FEED AND AND ANY FBI INTERFERENCE WILL CONSIDE IN A DEATH. :-)

~BJ58

It definitely was the kidnappers texting.

fine. what do i do?

drake.mann

WAIT

~BL58