Chapter 10

THANK YOU WATTPAD FOR ADDING BOLD, ITALICS, AND AN UNDO BUTTON IN THE WATTPAD APP!!

-------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry, Mom. They said they'd do unspeakable things to Alyx if I told anyone." Drake mumbled nervously. "I did it for... for her."

============================

Alyx and Ruby awoke in a truck.The bumps of the road and gravel sounds made it clear to Alyx that they were going to some sandy terrain. Finding a newspaper, she found out the date:

October 15, 2013

She contuined to read, with Ruby peering over her shoulder.

16-year old Alyx Stanford and 9-year old Ruby Pineiro were kidnapped 3 weeks ago just in-between after-school hours. Alyx's family are genuinely worried.  Ruby's family are also worried.

"I hope nothing more bad happens to her," Emily Pineiro, sister of Ruby, quotes. "Her birthday was yesterday. Happy 9th, sis."

Alyx's brother, Drake Stanford, knows something else. "My sis is a strong girl. She don't go down without a fight! Trust me from first-hand experience. I know." Officer Michael J. Slantolz is with the Stanford's while Officer Gabriel B. Schlegel and Jack F. and Jake Daren are at the Pineiro's."

"So," Ruby said after silence. "People ARE looking for us."

"Yeah," Alyx replied, staring at Drake's words. He said that?

----------------------------------------------

The ransom was set. So was the trap...

Only a matter of time...

-----------------------------------------------

The next day, Drake realized that it was only a matter of time before the ransom call. It could be now. Or tomorrow. Or even next week! He remembered the ransom amount. 5 million dollars. Drake thought. If I had 5 million...

But...why? The question nade him think.  "'Give her over!'" Alyx had shouted. "I'm a human being, bubby! so don't treat me like I'm your treasure! 'Give her over.' Pssht!"

Uh, sis? Drake thought I think you're their treasure. And quite expensive.

WAIT!! Drake realized suddenly. Treasure... 5 million... There's GOTTA be a connection!

Of course!! This isn't just about Alyx. Or that girl. Or even the ransom.

It was perfectly executed!! If Drake was right on his theory, then this plot is going great... for the kidnappers!!

"It's over, Chancellor." Drake muttered. "Your little scheme is over."

------------------------------------------------

PLOT TWIST!!

So many emotions! And references, too! In order:

1: Gabriel B Schlegel is my real name.

2: Jack F is a reference to JackFrostMiner on YouTube. He plays MCPE.

3: Emily Pineiro and Pineiro is referenced to a friend of mine in school.

4: Drake's line at the end is a line from the game, Chrono Trigger, which is an SNES game I finished last week. Search up AltimaMantoid Chrono Trigger to see what it is.

P.S Emily Pineiro's sister isn't actually named Ruby. Its Melody.

Plz subscribe to my YouTube! Search up AnDoom QuikPlay and the one fellowzdoomer2013 is me. Thanks and sorry for long authors note. :-D