Chapter 4

When Drake woke up, he was in his bed for real. He had a bandage over his head. Mom's gonna be sooo mad!! Drake thought, as he slowly and painfully propped himself up. He let out an involuntary groan. Drake's mom rushed into the room.

"Shhh... Careful. Take it easy."

"Mom..." Drake was trembling from just the words he was going to say next. "Alyx---"

"Relax. We heard the whole story from a witness. We immediately called the cops and FBI and everything."

"So---"

"Yes. It's all out there."

In a strange sort of way, he was relieved.

Just then, a police officer came in.

"He's OK, officer." Mom assured him.

"Good." The cop was wearing black with a white stitch which engraved an acronym. "J.P.D"

The Jamesville Police Department. The officer shined a badge.

"Agent Michael Slantolz. At your service. Call me Slanto."

"Uh, hi." Drake said.

"Your sister's OK."

"How?" Drake asked. "She's been kidnapped!"

"We think we have a lead to her, but I need to know something, son. Did you see your kidnappers faces?"

Drake shook his head. "No. They were masked."

The officer shook his head. "Wanted man, dead or alive. We believe that he's been through many accounts of kidnappings, harassment, all that stuff. He broke out of prison and---"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Drake exclaimed. "I've gotta eat something, then we can talk."

*************************************

Alyx Stanford was kidnapped, and she wasn't happy about it. A teen kidnapping! She was in a padded cell, with only a rock to entertain her. It was as fun as watching paint dry. She sighed. She sighed yet another frustrated sigh. Again, it wasn't fun. She had watched Drake being thrown out and shot with a dart, but that was it, as the chloroform-soaked cloth. Her head hurt. The door swung open, and another girl was lifted in. She was knocked out. The doors slammed. This girl was the same as the one who was first kidnapped. She instantly woke up. She gasped. "Where am I?" she asked Alyx.

"We...We've been kidnapped. They knocked us out." She replied.

The girl gasped, which was perfectly normal. Alyx would have done the same. The girl looked on the verge of crying. "I want my mommy." She wailed. "I want my mommy!"

"We'll be ok!" Alyx reassured her. "There's a way to get outta here! I'll be willing to bet that at this very moment, the feds and cops are looking for us!"

Hopefully, anyway, Alyx thought. That was her only choice. Unless she could escape. She spied a slight crack in the wall, barely visible. That crack was it.

It was escape. She looked down at the rock and nearly smiled.

They'd be free.

Soon.