Chapter 13: The Alley

A/N
There are some inappropriate, dark scenes in this chapter so please be aware.

* Alice's POV *

I straightened my back and returned to Thomas, who was standing, waiting for me. Luke and Zack had gone back into the club to calm down Olivia and Penny. Apparently they had got scared and started crying, I pitied them so I walked in long strides to reach them sooner and tell them I was okay.

When I began walking past Thomas, I noticed he didn't move. He still held his murderous glare on my attacker.

"Thomas...Thomas come on."

I pulled at his arm till he finally decided to move but our path was quickly blocked by four, large, intoxicated men.

"BEAT THAT BITCH TO A PULP!"

I looked over sharply to see the man, still on the floor, screaming at the men in front of us.

"I believe you just hurt our friend."

One of the tall men stepped forward towards Thomas. He was bald and covered in tattoos. He was only a few centimetres taller than Thomas and quite bulky but he didn't look afraid of my attacker's 'friends'.

"Excuse us."

Thomas took my hand and lead me towards the club but they shifted their positions, blocking our path once again.

"Oh your not going anywhere."

"I think I am."

"You won't be able to walk by the time we're finished with you."

The men all laughed but one, who kept his eyes firmly on me, smirking. He was also covered in tattoos but had a stubble that was certainly not attractive on him. I could also see there was a lit cigarette in his hand which he kept flicking to remove the ash.

"Get out of our way...now."

Thomas' voice became deeper and darker. I feared him once again but still for the men and not myself. I knew Thomas would protect me, I had never felt safer when he was around...but maybe it was best not to test this theory.

"Lads, get em."

The men advanced towards us but they couldn't touch me before Thomas swung me around his body so I was standing behind him. Then he turned his face slightly to mine and I felt his breath tickle my ear.

"Alice, when I tell you, your going to have to run ok?"

He whispered to me quietly but fast enough so the men couldn't hear him and interpret his words.

"Wait? No Thomas! I'm not leaving you! I can't!"

"Well your going to have to. I don't think you will make it to the door of the club so your going to have to run down that street in the opposite direction."

He spoke so fast that it was hard to understand what he was saying. The men were almost upon us now so we started slowly backing away.

"No Thomas!"

"Yes Alice, please just do this for me. Now, do you have your phone on you?"

"...no?!"

"Ok, I have my phone in the back pocket of my jeans so take it with you and call the others, tell them what's happened and where you are, do you hear me?"

Tears were starting to roll down my face. This night had definitely not gone to plan, it had progressed into a nightmare.

"Please Thomas, don't make me do this, I can't leave you, I just can't!"