Chapter 37: Goodbyes

A/N
Sorry you can't really see Alice wearing her prom dress without having to click on it. Still, it's worth looking at! Hope you like this chapter, enjoy.

* Thomas' POV *

Every time I looked at Alice I was stunned by her astonishing beauty. Her dress wrapped around her body perfectly and most of her back was visible. I noticed how every man in the room gazed at her as we twirled around on the dance floor. At that moment, I was so happy that she was mine. There was nothing more I could ever want in a partner. Alice was the perfect girl. Sure, she was a little weird but I loved her. I'd never felt such a strong, powerful emotion in my life and it grew every day. Every second that I was with her I loved her even more.

I brought her outside for a breath of air and watched her face as she looked up at the moon and star filled night. The light glowed against her skin and made her bright blue eyes glisten. Actually, they looked almost glassy, like she was holding back the tears. The thoughts of her actions slowly crept back in my mind. I was still missing something and I knew there was something very wrong.

"Alice?"

"...yes?"

"You know I love you right?"

She turned her face to look up at me with a small, helpless smile on her face.

"You tell me everyday."

Her hand slowly came up to my face.

"Good."

"Why do you ask?"

"I just...I can't help but feel like...I don't know...it's silly really."

"What is it?"

"I-I can't help but feel like somethings...changed."

"What's changed?"

"I don't know..."

"Please Thomas, tell me."

Her eyes were filled with worry as she looked up at me while stroking my cheek.

"I honestly don't know, I keep feeling like your saying goodbye."

Her eyes turned very glassy again and she took a deep breath. I was expecting her to say something but she didn't. Nothing. Instead, she just pulled me into a hug. Was I right? Was Alice saying goodbye to me? No...she couldn't...why would she want to leave me?

"Come on, let's go back inside."

"Wait-"

She was already walking back to the dance floor where the music was at its loudest.

Once again, I tried to push all of the depressing thoughts to the back of my head and focused on the night. We danced with everyone and had a few drinks. In the middle of a song, Alice opened her mouth in shock and pointed behind me. When I turned around, I watched as Olivia pulled Zack's face to hers and kissed him. At first, he was pulling away slightly but then he started kissing back. I turned back to Alice, who had a big grin on her face.

"I knew the Olack ship would set sail."

"The Olack ship? Wow Alice."

"I know haha."

"I'm happy for them."

"Same here, they're Italy perfect for each other."

"Yeh."

"Hey look, Luke and Penny are kissing too, so cute."

"Come here."

I cupped Alice's chin as her lips met mine. Time seemed to stop as our lips moved against each other's and the music was blocked out. When our lips came apart, we took a moment to catch our breathe before embarking each other and carried on dancing.