Chapter 47: Sleeping Beauty

* Thomas' POV *

I walked home feeling very...confused. Did I just be nice to someone? Had I just laughed for what felt like the first time? That girl...Alice...made me smile. However, she also made me nervous, a little bit scared yet excited at the same time. I really didn't have a clue on what the hell was happening to me. Why did I feel so many new emotions around that girl? That girl...

******

I couldn't get her out of my head. Every time I closed my eyes I saw her glistening blue eyes and her blonde wavy hair moving with the light breeze.

******

Her smile made everything bright...
It was as if the mist had cleared and the sun had began to shine. It was like I was under water, drowning, but now I had been brought back to the surface. I could finally breathe, see and hear everything so sharply, so distinctly...

******

"...w-what would you say if I said I was falling for you?"

I whispered to her, scared of her reaction. Her eyes widened and her mouth opened. A moment passed before she spoke and put her hand on my cheek.

"...I would say..." She took a deep breath before continuing.

"...I would say that I've already fallen."

Suddenly everything changed, it was as if the Earth stopped moving and time had stopped. My heart felt like it had been snatched out of my chest and replaced with a new one, that new heart being Alice's. I know it sounds really cliche and cheesy but it felt like we had given our hearts to one another. A smile formed on my face so big that it hurt. I didn't know I could be this happy. Sure, Alice made me happy already but that moment made me ecstatic. It made me feel like I was the luckiest, happiest man in the world.

******

I grabbed Alice's wrist and pulled her back as Isaac's finger moved towards the trigger.

When she was next to me, I quickly moved in front of her and heard the loud bang situated from the gun. The bullet was travelling towards us and then...everything disappeared.

******

Memories flashed through my mind as I was brought out of the darkness. I had been stuck somewhere at the back of my mind, unable to move or speak. Recently, I had started hearing voices around me, but only when I heard Alice's was I able to move something like a hand. Now, I felt all of my senses coming back to me and my surroundings getting clearer. The only way to describe it was like being stuck underwater for a while then finally being pulled back up to the surface.

My eyes slowly opened but closed again when the light blinded me. I tried again and was able to look around the room, searching for the person my heart yearned to see.

Alice.

"O-oh m-my g-god!"

She used the hand that wasn't wrapped around mine to put over her mouth in shock. A few moments passed where we stared at one another in silence, then, Alice took her hand away from her mouth.