Chapter 33: Nothing More

* Alice's POV *

Thomas drove us back to the cabin with our hands tightly intertwined. Every second that we got closer down the road my heart started getting faster and faster. Once we reached the door it was actually skipping beats and the crimson red flush coloured my cheeks. Thomas switched a light on and took off my jacket so he could hang it up. The silence was comfortable till the atmosphere changed. We both walked into the bedroom and looked over the large bed in front of us. To me, it seemed like it had grown in size and the walls were closing in as I felt my pulse in my ears and my hands shaking at my sides.

I walked over to the dressing table and put my clutch down. I felt Thomas' arms wrap around my waist and his soft lips on my shoulder, then my neck, then my jaw. He turned me around so that we were staring into each others eyes. It felt like we were having a conversation in our own minds as I quietly nodded for him to continue, giving him permission to go further...

"I love you."

Thomas whispered in my ear before pulling me into a passionate kiss while slowly unzipping my dress and pulling me to the bed.

* Thomas' POV *

The sun streamed through the window and cast a beam of light on Alice's bare back as she slept beside me.

I made the shape of a bird in the light with my hand and let it fly on her back. She moved slightly in the bed and snuggled her head in the pillow so I straightened my back and sat up against the head board. During her slumber, I played with the strands of her messy, golden blonde hair. A while had passed and Alice had placed her hand on my chest and soon lifted her droopy eyelids.

* Alice's POV *

I woke up and saw Thomas' face as he looked down at me, smiling as his hand brushed through my tangled hair.

"Good morning."

"Morning."

He lifted my face to his so that he could gently kiss my lips.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Only about an hour, do you want some breakfast?"

"Did you even need to ask that question?"

"Of course not." He chuckled before getting out of the bed and walking away to the kitchen. I noticed he was wearing bottoms so he had obviously put them on when he woke up earlier in the morning.

I shuffled in the bed and sat straight against the head board, thinking about 
last night. With a beaming smile on my face, I got out of the bed and stretched lazily. Before I went to the kitchen, I put some clothes on and a brush through my hair.

When I came around the corner, Thomas was standing there putting some oil in a pan. It took a moment to stop gazing at his six pack as he moved around the kitchen. Then, I caught his vibrant green eyes as they looked at me with a smiling face.

"You know, you cooked yesterday so I should do it today." I said, hoping Thomas hadn't caught my wandering eyes.

"Aw, what a nice girlfriend."

"I know right."

I grabbed his arm and pulled him to the stool so he could sit down while I cooked breakfast. It was the least I could do for making it the morning before and taking me out to dinner.