New Years Morning

"Cynthia." Chris whispers as he opens her bedroom door.

It was still quiet, however. The shades were closed and only lines of dawn bent along her sleeping figure. Today.

Today was New Years.

It has been only 2 weeks since her arrival. And they've bonded so much since then. Cooking. Shopping. One time she walked on Chris exercising in the living room. All sweaty and glistening and all she said was 'You're butt's too high'.

It was great. It's spectacular. Having a person here to talk to. Though, she is to start high school soon. Sophomore year, as a matter of fact. She...

She was growing.

"Chris...?"

Her mumbles stirred his thoughts.

"Get up ya party-pooper. We have somewhere to go!" Chris glees. His quiet voice was gone now. Greeting his daughter.

Cynthia pulls the sheets over her head, "It's 9 in the morning. Where in the hell could we be heading?" she mumbles.

With silent tip toes to her bed, he rips off her sheets. Exposing her to the colder air that was not her body heat.

"Chris."

"Get. Up. Ya. Party. Pooper." His devilish grin exposed everything as he balled up her blue comforter in his thick arms.

"I'll show you a fucking party-pooper." She growls.

Chris laughs loud and hard as he races out the door, "Then show me, my lovely daughter!"

"Get back here, Christopher Robert Evans!!" Cynthia sounded angry, but she laughed the whole way to the kitchen.