Holiday Shopping

"Let's go shopping."

"That's something I didn't expect to hear from you."

"It's Christmas time. What'd you expect?"

Cynthia smirks, "You're doing last minute Christmas shopping?" She crosses her legs as she eyes Chris leaving the living room.

"No, think of it like..." Chris shouts from his room, "Casual shopping, just for specific people." He returns with a t-shirt on and a sweat shirt on his shoulder. He twists a black scarf in his hands.

"So, Christmas shopping?" The corner of her mouth perks up. Cynthia rests her arm on the back of the couch.

Chris sighs with a chuckle, "You gonna keep me on that?" He throws the ball of scarf on the couch and grabs his sweat shirt on his shoulder.

"Yep," She hops off the couch and jogs to her room, "Let me get changed and we could head out."

. . . . .

Chris and Cynthia walk shoulder to shoulder (almost) along Hollywood Boulevard. She gazing upon the tall buildings and tiled stars on the ground. The structures were decorated with sparkling ornaments and artificial reefs peppered with cotton. Corners traced with bright Christmas lighting and advertisements for the stores.

People with bags in their hands bumped against one another. Their noses bright pink and occasionally lifting their scarves to warm their chins. Every other person held a coffee cup in their hand. Cynthia didn't know if it was to warm their finger tips or to wake them up this morning.

Christmas time was certainly a rush.

"Who are we shopping for anyways?" Her breath puffs a cloud of hot air into the atmosphere. It is still pretty chilly in the morning.

Chris hooks his hand on her shoulder and pulls her in closer, "Don't get lost in the crowd."

Cynthia nods and migrates closer to him. She raises her small, bare hands to her mouth. Cupping them to gather warm breath and rubbing her palms together.

A tank top and a sweater was not very wise to choose for shopping.

The dense crowd separated. Leaving only small groups of people and singles. But the usual roar of the crowd still lived.

"We're going to shop for your clothes." Chris smiles. Rubbing Cynthia's shoulder to warm her a bit.

Her eyes widen, "My clothes?" She looks up at her guardian. Oh dear, she hopes he knows what he's in for.

"Yeah," Chris leads them into H&M.

The smell of new products filled their noses. Sweaters with different patterns lined the shelves along with scarves and socks. Long-sleeved wear on the racks and the mannequins posing its newest arrivals.

"Get anything you like." Chris releases her shoulder.

"Anything?"

"Anything."

She smiles and runs to the first corner of clothing she sees. Rummaging through the hangers and inspecting the garment.

Chris walks over to her and smiles, "You like clothes too?" This girl had some weird combos of interest.

Cynthia nods, "I love clothes. The different textures and patterns are amazing," She grins and slips out a blue sweater with polka dots from the rack, "However, did I mention I have no sense of fashion?" She ducks her lips and poses with the sweater in her hand. May I add how silly it was?

Chris bursts out laughing along with Cynthia.

"You can't have a that bad sense of fashion." He shoves his hands in his sweat shirt pockets. He watches her place the sweater back onto the rack.

"It's not that bad," She hums, "I just stick to neutrals." Cynthia jumps to another rack and Chris follows.

She gives him a glance and whispers, "And it makes me look boring." But continues searching.

Chris grins, "Can I pick some clothes for you?" That devilish cute smile and his baby blue eyes.

Curse them.

"Sure," She hasn't taken her eyes off the rack just yet, "Size 3 in pants and small for shirts. For shoes I'm a 7."

He mhm's as an affirmative and quickly leaves her side. She eyes his back in suspicion.

. . . . .

"Okay. You ready?"

Cynthia turns to him. Chris has dozens of bags in his hands and a wide smile plastered on his face.

She, at the most, has 3 shirts and a pant with a confused look on her face.

"You bought them?" She whispers.

"Yeah," Chris looks at the bags in his hands, "Didn't want you to see them 'til Christmas." He's planning something. For sure.

Cynthia eyes him and rests the clothes she chosen on a nearby shelf, "Okay...? Let's go then."

Chris smiles and walks toward the exit with Cynthia on his tail.

"You need help, Chris?"

"Nope."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

° ° °

Greetings dearest! And Happy Holidays!

How are the chapters so far? What would you like to see in the future?

Finals had passed and I am on break! More updates coming up!

Enjoy!!