Sweet Dreams

OH MY GEEZUS CAPTAIN

Adopt me too! :D

Eh, she's okay...

Couldn't find a better one?

Dinner was finished. It was louder than the hour earlier. Laughs. Cries. Happy cries. Confusion. Questions. Even a choke from holding in laughter.

Bonding. Bonding occurred in that short hour.

Chris and Cynthia quietly wished it lasted longer. Maybe next time - tomorrow.

It was around 8:00p.m. The eyes of the teen grow weary from today's events. Blinking slowly as she helped her father clean the dishes.

"You tired?" Chris raises an eye brow. Not taking his focus off the dish he was cleaning.

"A bit. Not much energy than I used to have..." Cynthia yawns. Rinsing the soapy bubbles off the dish.

He glances at her. She looked exhausted. She was slouched and eyes practically closed. Elbows resting on the side of the sink.

Chris chuckles, "I can finish up here. Go grab a shower then head to sleep." He takes the dish, which she has been rinsing for quite a while, out of her hand.

Cynthia looks at him with her brown sleepy eyes, "Are you sure? I can still help." Though her eyes still showed genuine concern.

"Yeah," he rests the clean plate on the rack, "I'll come to check on you in a bit. I got this." His reassuring smile was what made her finally consider leaving the chore to him.

She nods and wipes her wet hands on her jeans. Walking around the granite counter and disappearing around the corner.

This'll be easy -

"Chris?" Cynthia peeks through the corner.

He stopped his thought, "Hm?" he hums. Eyes still on the dish he was finishing.

"Where are the towels?"

"End of the hall. Bathroom is on the right."

"Thank you."

He heard her feet topple away. Then it was silent again.

This'll be easy. He still thought.

. . . . .

Chris had finished the dishes quite a while ago. He heard the shower turn off about 20 minutes affer he finished.

She must have needed it. To relax.

Soon another hour passed. Chris was sitting on the couch, watching his television show.

He glances at the clock.

9:36 p.m.

Time to get to bed.

Chris grabs the television controller and presses power. Flicking the screen off and throwing the controller back onto the couch.

He stands up and stretches. Lifting his shirt just a bit and earing a yawn and some teary lashes. He relaxes his muscles.

Why does today feel exhausting?

Chris walks around the coffee table and scratches his stomach with another yawn.

Around the corner of the hall, he hears soft breathing. He trots to the soft sound.

Cynthia.

She must have left her door open.

He peaks through the door. As expected, it was dark and the only light peeking through was the lights outside.

Chris gazes at her. He can make out her hip outline. Dipping into her waist then back up to the curve of her shoulder.

It seemed soothing seeing a child sleep.

Chris smiles and opens the door a bit more. Enough to let his being in. He quietly walks the bed side and kneels.

Cynthia's face was peaceful. Her dark brown hair framing her round face. It looked like she waited a while for a sleepful night.

Chris reaches for her hand, resting right against the bed.

This won't be creepy, right?

He craddles soft, small hand in his. His breath synchronizing with hers.

Chris softly kisses her hand, "Sweet dreams." He whispers. Rubbing her knuckles tenderly before leaving her room.

She hears the doors shut before mumbling, "...Sweet dreams..."

Today didn't feel exhausing. It felt fulfilling.

° ° °

Hellooo

Another chapter up! I plan on going slow with the first few chapters so it won't be overwhelming. Do you like it so far? Tell me!

'til next time!