Mornings Beyond Reach

Chris awakens with his sheets tangled around his legs. Chest bare from restrictions and arms crazily above his head.

This is how a celebrity wakes up. With no grace.

He lies there for a while. Thinking if yesterday evening was a dream and none of it was real. If it were, he'd be slightly disappointed.

He always wanted a daughter.

Chris starts to depress himself. It could be a dream - if it weren't real, it would be a nightmare right now.

Because when dreams live, so do nightmares.

His eyes start tearing. It was his chance to start over. His chance to find himself. His chance to-

"Fuck!"

No. That was wrong. There wasn't supposed to be anyone in the house -

Unless yestersay was real.

Chris sits up and smiles. He didn't know why but he was happy. Maybe it was a good nights sleep?

He shoves the blankets to the side. Falling onto the floor with a thud when the blankets begged him to come back into bed.

He viciously kicks them off with a low curse. Goodness! How bad he wants to see her face again!

Chris manages to escape his bed prison. Quickly grabbing his polka-dot pajama pants and slipping them on. He didn't care about the shirt and he was sure she didn't either.

He races out his bedroom door. Pants half on and hanging on his hips. The drawstrings of the pants gathering between his legs.

Chris came around the corner.

There.

He sees her again. Her back turned to him. In her white tank top and navey blue pajama bottoms. Chris remembers to fix his.

What was she doing anyways?

"Cynthia?" He calls.

Cynthia jolts and turns arond, "Holy- How long have you've been there? Scared the life out of me..." She giggles.

"Just got here," Chris glances at the fork on her hand, "Whatcha doing?" He leans on the door frame. Smiling.

This was real.

She rotates to continue to mix the eggs, "I was going to make breakast for you...but the surprise was ruined."

Chris licks his lips, "Making breakfast is funner than eating it." He walks over to Cynthia. Glooming over her shoulders and taking the fork from her. Mixing the eggs himself.

Cynthia stood in place, "Is funner even a word?"

Damn, he could hear the smirk in her voice. He likes her already.

"Well," Chris rests his chin on her head, "In my dictionary it is."

They both laugh.

"Pancakes?"

She nods. Food was always her best friend. Although when trying to gain weight, it would never cooperate.

Chris gives he fork back to her, "How'd you find the dishes anyway?" He removes the ingredients from cabinets above him, "I don't recall telling you."

"It took a while," Cynthia sprinkles some salt into the egg mixture, "I found what I needed for now." She smiles.

He walks to another corner and opens the drawers. Finds the measurement cups. All the while, she marvels over the man's structure.