Chapter 62

Chapter 62

"Status, Grand Marshal," I said to Angel as I walked up.

"The palace grounds are secure. The royal family and guests are in the dining area waiting for you. I am under orders from Prince Drake, to bring his unca to him as soon as you get here."

"Then by all means, lead on."

I was led to the dining room where, my family was sitting and drinking coffee. Little Drake was the first one to see me.

"Unca Drake!", he yelled, and came running towards me. I caught him with my left arm as he leaped into the air. I quickly regretted it.

"You need to learn how to not get shot at," Robert said with a smile. "I expected a report from you a couple hours ago."

"My apologies, your majesty, I was detained by a decontamination shower and a doctor who thought my wound needed treatment."

Robert chuckled.

I turned to face Daniel. "I am afraid I was compelled to test drive your new racing bike, your highness. It performed very well until it exploded from a spin out. Those Hybold engines never could stand excessive contra G-forces. I owe you a new bike."

"Did you get the bastard?", Daniel asked, getting a look from his mother due to his language.

"Yes, your highness, Daria's headman sends his regrets but he will no longer be able to attend any functions of any kind."

"Good! We can call it even on the bike then."

"You are gracious, your highness."

"You can give us all the lurid details later," Robert said, motioning me to my seat. "Breakfast should be out soon."

I sat down in my seat next to Lizell. "I think I am going to skip exercises this morning. For some reason, I am tired."

My family started to laugh.

Robert motioned for Angel to join us and things started to drift towards normal again.