3. The Book

"Hi, do you have 50 Shades Of Grey?" I asked the librarian quietly trying not to disturb anyone.

"Yes, 1 copy left I believe. Over in that isle." She said pointing to a book shelf.

I quickly walked over to the book shelf. I scanned the book shelf a couple of time before I finally found it. I bent down and tried to take it out, it felt as if someone were pulling it from the other side. I pulled harder, the other source of pulling had given up.

"You know I had that book first." Mumbled a small girl.

She had bulky black glasses, dirty blonde hair, emerald green eyes and a beautiful figure. I stared at the beauty in front of my , my mouth hung open.

"Take a photo, it lasts longer." She smirked.

"I-I.." I stuttered

"I really need that book." She said pointing to the book in my hand.

"W-why?"  I looked down trying to avoid eye contact with her.

"It's for a school project." She said crossing her arms

"Oh..." I said in barely a whisper.  She wasn't allowed to make me feel this way.

"How old are you?" I asked, curious. 

"17." she said bluntly

"Can I have the book now?" she whined

I opened my mouth to protest, but then closed it. I passed the book over to her, frowning, I began walking away. I heard a sigh.

"Wait." She groaned

"The least I can do is buy you dinner." She said 

"S-sure..." I said

"How old are you?" she asked

"69" I said trying to act serious

"Oh yeah, me too." She said sarcastically.

We were walking down the street when we arrived in front of my favourite Chinese food store. I was bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"I hope you like Chinese"

"I don't like it." I said

She looked at me wide eyed.

"I love it." I smirked

She rolled her eyes and walked into the store.

I walked in behind her. 

"Seat for two, please" I heard her say

I looked around the store, it had a lot of decorations. The lady serving us lead us to our table, I sat down. I ordered my usual which was a chicken dish. 

"What's your name?" I asked her.

"Yvanna , what about you?"

"Remi." I smiled 

"How old are you really, Remi?"

"19" I sighed

"Oh, okay."

We ate the rest of our meal in silence. I was about to leave after saying a quick 'Goodbye', when she grabbed a hold of my arm.

"C-can I-I..." She said stuttering, I smiled at the fact I was making her stutter

"Can I have your number?"  she blurted out

I stared at her, "S-sure" I said getting out a pen. I took her hand and gently wrote my number on her hand. I waved goodbye to her, and I began walking to my car which was parked in the library parking lot.