5. The Notebook

I was walking behind a petite blonde girl, she had a backpack slung over her shoulder and was racing through the crowd. I don't think she realized her backpack was slowly unzipping. I was about to tell her, when she sped her pace up. Her bag was still unzipping, a pink book was showing, it had 'Notebook' on the cover. I suspected it was her diary, the book fell out of her bag and onto the concrete. I scurried to the book, making no one trod on it. I picked it up and tried to catch up to her, when I passed a man on a phone I couldn't see her. It was as if she'd vanished.

I hoped I'd run into her again so I could give her, her diary. I stuffed the book into my bag and continued walking to work, when I got there I was greeted by a sea of familiar faces. I was almost at the elevator when I heard a

"Hey Fawn!" Adelaide ran up to me with a huge smile on her face.

I groaned, Adelaide was my ex. She acted like we were never together, as if we were best friends. She is actually very childish, you'd think she was still in 6th grade.

"Hey Adelaide..." 

"Ohh, what's that? Your diaryy?" She teased

"No, I found it on the street." I groaned

"Now please let me get back to my morning?"

She looked slightly disappointed that I didn't want to spend time with her. I was close to feeling bad but she was irritating me. I pressed the up button on  the the elevator, when it opened I stepped in and pressed floor 5.

I heard a 'ding', I exited the elevator and walked down the hall way. I turned left, and left again into my office. I sat my bag on my large wooden desk, knocking over a few things. I sat down at my desk and started typing away on my computer, my next client was called Kitty Valentine. I almost burst out laughing, she sounded like a p*rn star. Knowing not to laugh at clients I continued with my work.

About an hour later I heard a soft knock on the door. Adelaide walked it.

"Ms. Green this is Ms. Valentine." 

In walked the most stunning girl I'd ever seen. She had long blonde hair and stunning emerald green eyes. I then realised she was the girl from this morning.

"Thank you Adelaide, you may leave now." 

Adelaide silently left the room closing the door.

"Before we get started, I have something to give you." I started, she looked slightly confused.

I leaned over to my bag, I pushed a few things aside until I found the notebook. As I was pulling it out I heard her gasp.

"Thank you!" She said in a soft yet excited voice.

"Did you read any?"She said with a worried expression

"No, I know better than to read through someones personal stuff." 

After this, we started talking about business .

After we were done I opened the door for her.

"Thank you for coming Ms.Valentine." I said gesturing for her to exit the door first.

"It was a pleasure, also please call me Kitty."

" Okay, you can call me Fawn" 

***

Sighing I unlocked my apartment door, I walked in throwing my bag onto the dining table. I could hear my rabbit chewing on the bars of her cage, wanting to be let out for her run around my apartment. I walked over to her and crouched so I could unlocked the door, it was getting old so it was hard to open. But after a few forceful tugs I got the lock to open.