Chapter 10

"He really grows on you doesn't he?" Bruce says.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor what's his play." Steve asks.

"Half of it," I say interrupting whatever Thor was going to say. "Is that he wants to make Thor pay. He wants to watch his perfect older brother suffer." I tell them and Thor gives me a look. "His thoughts not mine. Anyways the other half is whoever he is working for scares the hell out of him. They torture like nothing I have ever felt. They broke him and he's terrified if he fails them then they will finish what they started."

"And you know this how?" Thor asks.

"I'm a telepath, among other things, I felt what they did to your brother. It was horrible." I tell him. "We'll I more than felt it. It was like I lived it along side him. He was strong. And that was what broke him in the end."

Thor nods. "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth, in return I suspect for the Tessaract."

"An army from outer space." Steve says, his expression is like he is 100% done. He'd rather go back to the 50's.

"So he's building another portal." Bruce says.

"Makes since. Has to get them here somehow. That's why he needs the Tesseract." I tell them.

"That's what he needs Eric Selvig for." Bruce says agreeing with me.

"Selvig?" Thor asks, a worried look on his face.

"He's an astrophysicist." Bruce explains.

"He's a friend." Thor tells.

"He hit you with his car." I remind Thor. Having learned that from when I read up on the avengers through Fury's mind.

"That was Jane." He corrects me.

"Three times?" I ask.

"Still Jane."

"Well," Nat says interrupting us. "He has Selvig under some kind of spell, along with one of ours."

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him." Steve says. "He's not leading an army from here."

"I told you guys earlier. He wanted us to take him. I can feel that he wants to be here. Whatever his plans. It involves him being here." I tell them.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki." Bruce says. "That guys brain is a bag full of cats. You can smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak." Thor tells him. "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother."

Nat looks slightly fed up. "He killed 80 people in two days."

"He's adopted." Thor says.

"I think it's about the mechanics." Bruce says. "Iridium. What do they need iridium for?"

"It's a stabilizing agent." Tony says as he walks in with Coulson. "I'm just saying. Pick a weekend. I'll fly you to Portland. Keep love alive." He tells Coulson.

"Coulson?" I ask and he turns to face me. "Favorite Doctor?"

He smiles. "Hartnell."

I high five him as he passes me to take a seat. Then Tony turns to the rest of us. "Its a stabilizing agent." Tony repeats. "It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D." The he walks past Thor. "No hard feelings point break. You got a mean swing." He says and pats his arm.

"Also," Tony goes on. "It means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants. Raise the mizzenmast. Jib the topsails." Everyone looks at him like he's crazy. "That man," he says pointing off to his right. "Is playing Galaga. He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."

"Is he drunk?" Bruce whispers.

"Nope that's just Tony." I answer with a smile.

"How does Fury even see these?" He asks Hill.

"He turns." She answers.

"Sounds exhausting." Tony says a bit grumpily. He doesn't feel like he got much sleep. "The rest of the raw materials Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty quickly. Only major component he still needs is a power source with high-energy density. Something to kick start the cube."

I frown as I feel his heart rate go up. He's nervous. What did you do Tony? I think to myself.

"When did you become an expert on thermonuclear astrophysics?" Hill asks.

"Last night." Tony tells her. That's why he feels tired. She frowns at him a bit confused. "Packet. Selvigs notes. The extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" He asks. I feel him calm a bit. Whatever he did he didn't get caught.