Chapter 38

Halfway through the movie Bruce fell asleep. As Indie is moving through the Petra ruins someone knocks on the door startling me. Then i remember Tony was supposed to drop by. Food my stomch growls.

I unlace my fingers from Bruce's, the murmur of his dreams disappearing, and go to open the door to see Tony standing next to his now hallow iron man suit and holding a rather large paper bag which is presumably full of food.

"Feeling any better?" He asks as he sits down the bag, something inside clinks together.

"Yeah. Less minds around to cause chaos. However the feelings im getting off you are smug and low key chaotic. What'd you do?"

He gives me a look of feinted innocence. "Me? I've not done anything."

"Well then you're an instigator. What're you instigating?" He just laughs. I reach out and grab his hand. Instantly thrown into a memory.

"I don't think this is a good idea." Bruce says and even though its a memory i can feel his apprehension.

Tony gains some control and fast forwards through the memory so i cant pick up on his plan. "You just gotta trust me." the memory Tony says.

"Alright. Fine. Ill try it." Bruce says and Tony breaks the connection.

"Sneaky." Tony says. "But its for me to know and you to find out." He's enjoying this. Smug bastard. "Anyways I've got to go." He hands me the paper bag and steps into the iron man suit. "Have fun." He tells me before taking off.

My stomach growls again turning to go back into the house. Better go make dinner. I take the bag into the kitchen something inside clinks again as i set it on the counter. What is that? I unpack the bag. Two large raw steaks, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, and two bottles of Fire Whiskey. Looks like we're getting drunk tonight. Or at least i am. I rub my hands together before i get to work.

I rummage through the kitchen finding cutlery, plates, and a pan to cook in. I rinse them off and start cooking. The steaks on the skillet already sizzling, the mashed potatoes heating up in the microwave, the green beans in a small pot heating up, and the rolls turning golden in the oven.

"Mmh. Smells good." Bruce says startling me a little giving me a boyish grin. "Sorry i fell asleep."

"It's alright. Sleep is good." I tell him. "How do you like your steak?"

"Medium well."

"Oh good. Dinner is ready then!" I tell him as I get the rolls out of the oven and the mashed potatoes out of the microwave.

"Thank you for making all of this." He says as we fix our plates.

"Sure! I was hungry too." I say and pull the Fire Whiskey out of the cupboard. "Are we getting drunk tonight?"

I feel his pulse speed up a little bit. "That's up to you. It was Tony's idea actually."

"Yeah i could feel that he was the instigator but he blocked whatever it was exactly that your plan is." I say urging him to tell me.

He doesn't say anything as we sit across from each other at the table he just reaches his hand out, palm up, offering to show me. I brush my hand against his and im thrown into his memory.

Tony and Bruce sit on the couch in Tony's study, a bottle of Vodka now almost empty on the coffee​ table and i can feel how drunk they are. And theres something in the atmosphere that i dont understand.

"Just show her this." Tony says. "Get drunk as you eat," he sees a look pass over Bruce's face. "Dont worry. She's not going turn down getting drunk. She trusts you. Get drunk and ask each other questions. Like truth or dare but everyone knows the dares are the boring part. You'll be drunk so it'll be easier to answer truthfully. And no questions are off limits just you know save the big questions for when you're drunk af..."

"I don't think this is a good idea.." Bruce begins and i can feel his apprehension and tension thrumming through the memory.

"It's a start." Tony says as he takes another shot. "She'll agree. Hell she'd jump on the chance. Fire whiskey is her favorite. You've just got to trust me."

"Alright. Fine. Ill do it."

"He's not wrong." I tell Bruce after he breaks the connection. "Fire Whiskey is my favorite and i do trust you completely. It sounds like a fun idea to me."

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Of course." I say as I get the whiskey and two shot glasses before sitting back down. "Are you?" I can feel his war between wanting to and not wanting to.

He nods. "Lets eat first.  Im hungry."

I laugh and whole heartedly agree.

[A/N] Hi guys! Im back and will continue and finish this story soon! Enjoy <3 )