Chapter 21

I groan and put my fingers to my temples. "The army has arrived." I tell the others.

"How can you tell?" Steve asks.

"I can feel everybody's panic." I groan again. "Oh hey look there's Thor. Ahh okay I won't be able to use emotions against them until I get used to it. There's too much interference." I tell them and switch off that ability.

"You still kick ass In a fight." Clint reminds me.

"Stark," Nat says over the radio. "We're on your three, headed northeast."

"What? Did you stop for drive through?" Tony complains. "Swing up park I'm gonna lay them out for you."

"Nat?" Clint asks as we fly by Stark Tower.

"I see them." She says.

"Loki and Thor?" I ask.

"Yeah."

We face the tower and begin shooting at Loki but the bullets just bounce off and he shoots at us with his spear hitting the left wing. We're going down.

"I'm really getting tired of that demigod!" I yell out as the jet spirals downwards. "See why it's a good idea to wear a seatbelt?" I ask Steve as he is thrown about the cabin.

"Not funny!" He tells me right before we hit the ground. The back hatch opens and we all unbuckle and quickly run out. "We gotta get back up there!" Steve tells us as we see the chaos and destruction already having been dealt.

We run down the road but stop as we hear a extremely loud mechanical groaning. "Oh you've got to be joking." I mutter as a large metal whale thing flies out of the Tesseracts doorway. "That's cheating!" I yell out in anger.

As it flies by us Chitauri foot soldiers jump off of its side and onto buildings. "Stark you seeing this?" Steve asks over the radio.

"Seeing still working on believing." Tony answers. "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?" Steve asks confused.

"I can't get a lock on anybody in all this chaos Tony." I tell him.

"Just keep me posted." He tells us.

I feel a pain in my side an I fall to my knees before realizing who it came from. "Thor!" I yell out and establish a mental link. Seems my telepathy is stronger since I died. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Worry not for me Arabelle." He answers an I am pushed back to the present when Nat pulls me down beside her and Clint.

"We've got civilians still trapped up here." Clint says.

An armada of Chitauri soldiers fly by with Loki in the lead. "Loki." Steve says as we watch them destroy the street. "They're fish in a barrel down there."

Nat stands and shoots at the first oncoming wave of Chitauri. "We got this. It's good. Go." She tells Steve.

"You think you can hold them off?" He asks.

"Captain." Clint answers. "It would be my genuine pleasure."

"Time to play." I whisper as I open my senses and suck in all the pain of the people who are injured.

I hold my hands out towords the Chitauri and like a wave, fatal pain crashes over them killing them instantly.

I feel something against my shield and turn to see more Chitauri approaching from behind. Nat sees them too. "I got the back. You two get the front." I tell her as I soak up more pain and unleash it. The Chitauri don't even have the chance to scream.

Once the wave of Chitauri for behind us are all dead I hear Nat yell to me. "Go help Clint!"

I run over to see Clint trying to help civilians out of a bus. "Get them through the widows I got the doors!" I tell him.

We quickly get to work freeing the civilians. I get one of the doors open but the other is jammed. I jump up and climb through a widow.

"Please!" A woman cries out. "Please save my baby!"

I instantly calm her. "I will get you both out I promise."

I go to the jammed door and see Clint trying to open it. "Stand back Clint!" I yell. He instantly moves to the side and I jump and kick the door. The metal creaks and the door goes flying away for the bus and taking out four Chitauri.

"Come on-" I go to tell the woman but instead I hear her scream as she falls the the floor, her baby cradled to her chest.

I see the Chitauri on the roof that had shot her in the back. "NO!" I yell a wave of anger and pain shoots out from me killing every Chitauri with in a half mile radius.

I drop down to her side and instantly take away her pain. "I'm so sorry." I tell her.

She hands me her bundle up crying baby. "His name is Cable Jackson." She tells me.

"Do you have any family he can go to?" I ask panicking slightly. She shakes her head and breathes out. Her eyes going dull. "Damn it." I whimper before standing and walking off of the now empty of all life bus.

'BLINK!' I yell in my mind knowing she will hear me.

A second later a purple portal opens and she steps out. "I see you've got your fathers gift for telepathy now." She says before looking around. "Whatcha need Belle?"

I hand her Cable. "Take him to my dad. His name is Cable Jackson his mom just died an he needs somewhere safe for now.

She nods. "Theres a large group of Chitauri at the school but we can take him into the lower passageways." She tells me before jumping back through the portal and it closes.