Chapter 16

"Me?" Thor asks confused.

"What?" I ask.

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town." Fury says telling why Thor first of all. "We learned that not only are we not alone but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor argues.

"But you're not the only people out there are you?" Fury counters. "The world is filling up with people who can't be matched. That can't be controlled." He says as he looks at me.

"My family, my friends, we have died to keep humans and mutants at peace don't you dare try to control us." I growl at Fury.

"Like you control the cube?" Steve asks Fury.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it and his allies." Thor tells Fury. "It is a signal to all of the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war."

"A higher form?" Steve asks comfused.

"You forced out hand." Fury tells Thor. "We had to come up with something."

"A nuclear deterrent." Tony tells him angrily. "Cause that always calms things right down."

"Oh aren't humans such idiots." I growl. "What do you do when you fear something. Get to know it? No. You find a way to destroy it."

"Remind me again how you made your fortune Stark?" Fury shoots back. Then looks to me. "And don't you talk to me of destruction. I've seen what you people can do. Jean Grey for example."

I feel my anger like a red hot iron and I take a deep breath and retreat into my mind to calm my anger. After all I am attached to Bruce and the last thing we need is my anger fueling his.

"Don't bring Jean into this." Nat says in the background.

"I'm sure if Stark still made weapons he'd be neck-deep.." Steve says before Tony inturrupts.

"Wait wait wait hold on. How is this now about me?" Tony asks.

"I'm sorry isn't everything?" Steve shoots back.

"I thought humans were more evolve than this." Thor says before everyone's voices fade and I quickly clear my anger. Once my emotions clear I feel everyone else's pushing against me. Their anger.

I breathe out and open the palm of my hands an begin drinking in their anger. Leaving them calm.

"STOP!" I yell and open my eyes to see them all looking at me. I quickly close my fists and dig my nails in to keep their anger inside me.