Chapter 22

"This is just like Budapest all over again!" Nat tells Clint.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently." He tells her.

"What the hell happened in Budapest?" I yell out to them as I punch a Chitauri and send it flying. I couldn't take the over whelming pain and had to turn offs ability to feel emotions until I can go numb again so now I'm hand to hand combat fighting.

I feel several Chitauri shooting at me and stop to yell at them. "STOP SHOOTING ME IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK!" I hear Nat and Clint laughing in the background.

I punch another Chitauri and take its gun thing. "How the hell do you work this- It's a good thing I can't feel that."

"What'd you do?" Clint asks and shoots a Chitauri who's aiming at me.

"Shot myself in the foot." I tell him as I figure out how to work the gun and begin using it against the Chitauri.

I run and jump behind Nat to block a shot that was meant for her before fighting off the next wave.

I see a Chitauri tackle Clint but he quickly takes care of it and as a few surround us Steve's shield knocks them off balance and we finish the job. Steve joining us and a moment later lightning striking and killing seven Chitauri at once.

Thor lands a second later but he's unbalanced and shaky. Must have been from the stab wound from earlier.

I walk over to Thor and touch the would. "Let me try something." As my fingers touch his skin time slows. I walk his body through the process of healing and it feels like an hour passes before it has fully healed but when I step away barley a second has past.

"What'd you do?" Thor asks. "Did you heal me?"

"Well technically I walked your body through the process of cellular regeneration-" I try to explain but he looks at me like I'm not making since. "Yeah. I healed you." I tell him and pat his shoulder before we walk over to Steve.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asks.

"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor tells us.

"Thor's right!" tony says as he flies by with Chitauri on his tail. "We gotta deal with these guys."

"How do we do this?" Nat asks.

"As a team." Steve tells her.

"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor says.

"Yeah?" Clint asks angrily. "Well get in line."

"Am I the only one not after Loki's head? Yeah I mean it's his fault I die but he brought me back." I say really only talking to myself.

Thor looks down at me shocked. "You died? When?"

My eyes go wide and I bite my lip. "Another time." I tell him.

"Save it." Steve says referring to everyone wanting to kill Loki. "Loki is gonna keep this fight focused on us, and that's what we need. Without hi these things could run wild."

"Give the civilians time to hide." I tell him. "While we work our way to stoping this war."

"We got Stark up top. He's gonna need us to..." Steve cuts himself off as we hear a motorcycle approach from behind.

I try and fail to keep from laughing but quickly hide it. "Why you laughing?" Clint asks as he was the only one to notice.

"Relief." I tell him. Not to mention the bike is just so small compared to Bruce. But lets not tell them that.

We all walk over to Bruce as I stay in the back not really sure if he'd be mad at me or not. Good thing I can't feel anyone's emotions right now but mine.

"So this all seems horrible." Bruce says.

"I've seen worse." Nat tells him.

"I've seen better." I murmur.

"Sorry." He tells Nat.

"No we could use a little worse." She says.

"Hey Tony he's here." I say over the radio.

"Banner?" He asks.

"Just like you said." Steve tells him.

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Tony tells us. Tony comes round the corner about a mile away with one of those whale things on his tail.

Thor snarls and grabs his hammer. Nat takes a step back. "I.. I don't see how that's a party."

"Oh come on. That's loads of fun." I say with a sigh. Bruce turns and starts walking towards the whale thing.

"Doctor Banner." Steve says and Bruce turns to look at him. "Now might be a good time for you to get angry."

"That's my secret Captain." Bruce tells him. "I'm always angry." He turns back the face the whale and grows into the hulk before smashing its face. Sending a ripper through its body. The armored exoskeleton breaking off leaving the soft body of the creature.

"Hold on!" Tony tells us and shoots a missile into the creatures body. It explodes and we all duck to avoid being covered in whale guts.

I shudder. "Ewww. Sushi."

"Really?" Nat complains at me. "Now I'll never be able to eat sushi again."

"You're welcome." I tell her.

We all gather back to back as the Chitauri scream at us and Hulk roars back. "Now it's a party." I say with a smile.

"Guys?" Nat says and we all turn and follow her line of sight to the portal. Two more whales are flying out with waves upon waves of Chitauri.

"Call it Captain." Tony tells him.

"Alright listen up." Steve says. "Until we can close that portal our priority is containment."

"Barton I wan you on that roof. Eye on everything. Call out patterns and strays."

"Stark, you got perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Can you give me a lift?" Clint asks Tony.

"Right." Tony says and walks over to him. "Better clinch up Legolas." He says before grabbing him and taking off.

"Thor you have got to try and bottleneck that portal. Slow em down. You got the lightening. Light the bastards up."

He looks to Nat. "You and me, we stay here on the ground. We keep the fighting here."

"Arabelle, you're on crowd control. Anyplace where the Chitauri get to thick thin them out." Steve tells me.

"She's got flying shoes." Tony says over the radio. "I installed them while fixing my suit."

"Okay then. Crowd control and get to the skies. Knock out some of those flying Chitauri." He tells me.

"And Hulk." Hulk looks over at him. "Smash." Hulk smiles and jumps off into the air.