Chapter 4// Italian men and their accents

Well, I decided i couldn't wait until Tuesday so I'm publishing it today. i really hope you guys like it. And please vote and comment it really means a lot to me.

After saying my goodbye to Lana, I make my way to my apartment.

I look around the streets noticing how different they are from London's.

Everything seems so much brighter, even the skies. London couldn't compare to this, and while I love London, the gloomy weather was never one of my favorite aspects of the city.

Coming to Italy was the best decision I ever made.

I round the corner to my building. It's not as big as the one I lived in before in London, but it has a homier feeling to it.

Walking inside the building I make my way to the elevator. Since the building only has eight floors it wasn't necessary to have that many elevators.

I get inside and press the button for the sixth floor. Since I was the only one in the elevator the ride up was very short. I made my way out of the elevator, walked to the last door in the hallway, got my key out and unlocked the door to my apartment.

At first, when I went to see the apartment for the first time it didn't seem like much. It looked very small compared to what I was used to, but when I looked outside the floor to ceiling windows in the living room I was sold. The apartment had a breathtaking view of a park and looked more amazing when the sun was setting.

When you walk through the door the living room is directly in front of it. To the right there is a doorway with French doors that leads to the dining room, when you cross that doorway you can see the kitchen to the left side. The kitchen is one if my favorite places there, not only because it holds the food, but because it looks so nice and shiny with all the black and silver appliances and the marble counter tops make it look way better. There is a hallway on the left side of the living room, this hallway is vertical to the front door. There are three rooms. One which I turned into an office for when I'm editing or writing one of my novels, another holds a guest room which is decorated in a pale blue and white with some dark blue colors here and there, and last but not least is my bedroom. My bedroom walls are a pale gray color, in the center there is a queen sized bed with a light blue spread, on the wall above it I put up a picture of my family. My mom, my little sister, me and ....my dad. 

It was one of the last pictures we together as a family before he died. On both sides of the bed there are bedside tables with see through glass lamps. On the right side I have floor to ceiling bookshelves that hold all my book collections from Dickens, Austen and the Bronte Sisters. On the left side there is a floor to ceiling window that is decorated with shades that part to the sides in an off white color. And the bathrooms and the walk-in closet are on the far corners of each side of the wall where the bed is located.

I walked into my walk-in closet and went to the side where I keep all my dresses. I chose a red dress that came up about three or four inches from my knees. The dress was tight and accentuated my body in all her right places. I chose this dress because I knew that this was I one of the dresses Lana would approve for a night out to a club that wouldn't make me look and I quote "like a freaking nun." It's not that I dress so shabby and have an awful sense of fashion, because I don't.... Or at least I don't think so, it's just that I have a more conservative and sophisticated fashion sense than Lana , who feels comfortable in a skimpy outfit.