Chapter 4: Croquet is Cro-great

"We want to form a croquet team."

"What?"Mr.Urie asked, a bit confused at Gerard's statement,"A croquet team ?"

"We basically have a team for every sport so why not a croquet team?" Gerard couldn't believe he was fighting to form a croquet team. All for some revenge thing.

"Yeah, I get that but what does this have to do with me?"

"We need supervisor and you're the least shitty teacher here." Frank joined in, handing a slip the principal gave them because apparently they needed a teacher to be like a coach.He seemed slightly annoyed with the idea of sports because it wasn't punk rock but Gerard suspected he is only helping so he can do some spy shit.

"We'll take care of equipment, league stuff and everything." To be honest, Gerard didn't even know if there was a league for croquet and the only equipment he had was his own cheap set he got a few years back. They only really needed to get into the locker room and this could probably either be the most brilliant plan that Gerard ever came up with or the stupidest.

"Are you sure this isn't for those new locker rooms? I trust you guys but I've had students to this several times." Mr.Urie sighed and read over the paper, "Someone even wanted to form a beer pong team."

"No sir, we just want to play croquet. It's our senior year and we want to join at least one sport." Not only was Gerard good at plotting things but he was an excellent liar. They say lying is the most fun a guy can have without taking his clothes off. Or was it a girl?

"Plus we suck at everything else." chimed  in Mikey who is only here because Gerard made him come and he had nothing else to do. "We already have mainstream sports so why not croquet?"

After taking a long sip from his odd mug full of milk. Mr. Urie agreed and signed the paper. He hesitated started before handing it back to them."You guys better take home the croquet trophy or whatever they offer in competitions."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fore!" Ray yelled  as he swung his croquet mallet, the ball skimming Mikey's head at a very high speed. Their croquet team was now official which meant access to the locker rooms but to keep that they needed to practice and be like a real team. It was Friday afternoon and school just let out. They found a corner of the field to play on before the Lacrosse team started their practice then they'll sneak inside.'

"It's croquet not golf, Jesus Christ Ray!"shouted Mikey, adjusting his glasses after the near death experience, "My mom would have killed me if it hit me in the face and broke my glasses." Gerard would have laughed at how badly they are playing but he wasn't doing better. For someone who owned an entire croquet set, he sucked.

"Gerard!" Mikey shouted to him from where he was standing. "What do I do after my ball goes through that hoop thing?"

"Um ...you ...just...." Gerard didn't know either. He should have really read up on some rules.  For the past half hour,they had been hitting croquet balls with mallets completely clueless. Ray was going  injure someone, Mikey looked bored and Frank was off in his own world of angsty punk rockness while hitting whatever he can.

"This isn't gonna work." sighed mikey as he drops his mallet on the ground.  Ray was still hitting  balls into orbit and he obviously didn't want to be in the crossfire of it again. "We can't pass as a team like this."

"I agree with Mikey, we are the worst croquet team ever. " Frank said as he finally joined in, readjusting the sun glasses he decided to wear. "Someone is gonna find out this is fake."