Chapter 14: Gerard is so far in the closet that he found Narnia

Mikey's Pete problem was getting worse. He couldn't stop thinking about it as if he was some middle school girl with a crush on a cute popular boy. No, Mikey was a teenage high school boy who happened to like his emo best friend. It had been nearly four months and Mikey was still conflicted about it.

At first he thought it was nothing and that he could easily get over this little liking in Pete, but that only lasted about a week, as every time Mikey saw him, he would feel this fluttery feeling. Pete getting that tambourine for Mikey made him realize maybe it wasn't a stupid crush.

Now Mikey faced a much bigger problem of wanting to kiss Pete. It started out just wondering what would a small peck be like, but now Mikey wanted to pin him up against the wall every time.  Pete made his heart stop and as much as he hated to admit it, Mikey had been spending a little too much time in his room alone. Teenage hormones were a pain in the ass but Mikey liked it up the ass anyway.

Mikey didn't know if Pete even liked boys. It wasn't like they ever talked about things like that. He never brought up anything more than asking if a girl looked cute or not. They didn't really talk about anything gay related besides the few times Pete asked about his brother liking boys.

Holy shit. Does he like my brother?

Mikey had to mentally slap himself. Pete obviously didn't like Gerard in that way. They barely talked to each other and Mikey was pretty sure Pete was secretly shipping Frank and Gerard.  Pete was also with him most of the time and sometimes Mikey couldn't tell if he was being flirty or just friendly when it came to tackling or hugging him.

"Is someone home?" Mikey snapped out of his thoughts as his brother waved his hand in front of his face. 

"Stop that," Mikey pushed Gerard's hand away, "I was just thinking."

"Just thinking?" Gerard raised an eyebrow," You were full on zoned out for a few minutes. Your cereal has gone soggy."

"I'm fine." Mikey snapped, he didn't mean to. He leaned over to take a spoonful of Gerard's cereal but Gerard guarded the bowl protectively.

"Keep your bad vibes out of my cornflakes." Gerard stuck his tongue out. Mikey rolled his eyes and started to eat his soggy cornflakes."But seriously Mikey, what's on your mind?"

Mikey couldn't tell his brother. Gerard already struggled with sexuality himself and he didn't want to burden him with his own stupid crushes. "Nothing." He took another spoonful of soggy cereal and smiled at Gerard but his brother wasn't buying it.

"Is it about you and Pete?" Now Gerard was getting suspicious of Mikey and Mikey was definitely not ready to talk about his crush on his best friend out loud. Inside his head he could perfectly accept it.

"No, everything is great between Pete and me. Why are you asking?"

"Just you seem really happy around him. You were even blushing when you got that gift from him and he wasn't in the room."

"Gerard, we are just friends." Mikey didn't say that he didn't like Pete. He was just avoiding the truth by stating another truth. He and Pete were friends after all.

"Okay, but if there is anything else, please tell me. I'm here." Gerard smiled at him. "I'm really glad you have Pete as a friend.  Especially last year when I wasn't there for you." He returned to his cornflakes in silence.

"What about you?" Mikey constantly worried about his brother. For the most part, Gerard was well, but ever since the death of their grandma, which impacted Gerard the most, he couldn't help but worry. "How's school?"

"Same old idiots. Lyring has been more aggressive lately, but don't worry he isn't going to beat me up...again." Gerard just shrugged, "One day, they need to realize I'm straight."