Eight-From A Sour Bottle Baby Girl

In all honesty, his singing makes my heart hurt and my eyes tear up.

Unknown P.O.V.

My eyelids were heavy as I blinked up at the night sky. The moon was somewhere between being half and full, with stars glaring down rather then being the soft lights I had always remembered them being. But they stopped being soft when my wishes were denied. Every last one if them.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes before sitting up slowly to take in my surroundings. There were trees everywhere I turned, with bushes scattered throughout. Did I wander from the cabins? Or did the others ditch me again?

I pushed to my feet only to be overcome by a wave of dizziness. I leaned against the nearest tree, using its rough bark to ground myself, and waited for the world to stop spinning. I groaned. "Did I drink today?" I wondered aloud, then clapped a hand over my mouth. My voice was unnaturally loud in the night, and it made me nervous.

But why? Why did my stomach churn and my heartbeat race? I'm in the middle of no where. What's there to fear? I rolled my eyes in annoyance of myself and started walking. I couldn't explain it, but I knew where to go. It was a pulling on my feet, a whisper in my ear. I just knew where to step and where to turn.

I had been walking for awhile, maybe 20 minutes, when I heard hushed voices talking. Footsteps besides my own were crunching around somewhere up to my right. I scowled and started stomping in their direction. If that's them, someone's going to die.

But it wasn't the people I had expected when I ripped through the bushes just behind the group. I halted in the middle of the path they've made in the undergrowth, watching in surprise as four men wandered in front of me.

One of them, a rather small man with a hat, turned around to stare at me with a gaze of sadness. Patrick. I started walking fast to him, but he didn't see me. He simply slumped down lower and faced the front again.

"Patrick!" I yelled. But not him nor the three members of Fall Out Boy heard me. Why? I broke into a run, stumbling on tree roots, branches catching hold of my hair and scratching my arms. My foot lodged itself in a hole, and I went crashing down with a startled scream. Pain welled in my knees and my palms, but it was much worse in my ankle. "Fuck." I whispered, slowly pushing myself up into a sitting position.

"Hello?" A quiet voice called. I looked up to see Patrick creeping back down the path, his eyes darting everywhere trying to see everything at once. "Is anyone there?" He called again. He was literally right in front of me. How can he not see me? "Patrick." I said, waving a hand in the air.

But he turned away and started back to the others, who've all crouched down behind a bush. A figure, probably Andy, was trying to push his way beneath the bush. I stared in disbelief as Patrick walked away. What the hell is going on?

The pain in my ankle had lessened to a dull twinge. I'm not sure how it healed so fast, but those concerns were lost as I scrambled to my feet and ran towards the group, calling their names. "You guys! Are you all suddenly deaf or what?" I yelled.

I neared them to hear I think Joe say, "Yeah, well that backfired, big time." What backfired?

Andy appeared next to Joe and said something, which caused him to launch into Pete. The two struggled away from each other as Andy said he wanted Joe to go with him to the bus and check things out. The two then crawled away into the clearing, leaving Patrick and Pete in the bushes.

I marched right up to Pete, stuck my face in his, and yelled as loud as I could, "PETE!" But he just stared right at me, didn't even blink. A horrible realization came over me, and I back pedaled so fast I landed on my butt. Could I be...? No. No, I couldn't be.