Seventeen-Penny For Your Thoughts, 'Bout A Dollar For Your Insides

Patrick's P.O.V.

All I did was drop my hat, and he was on me quicker than I could blink. He knocked me to the ground and held me there. I struggled against his grip and refused to meet the black eyes I knew would be glaring down at me. He leaned in close and I squeezed my eyes shut and pressed into the ground in an attempt to get away. Yes, brilliant, Patrick. You'll melt through the floor and everything will be fine and dandy.

James chuckled and a warm, slimy sensation across my jaw made me shudder. He groaned and pressed a rather private area down on me, moving in a grinding motion. "I wonder if you know how sweet you taste." He hissed into my ear.

A disgusted noise even I didn't recognize came from my throat and I swung my legs in an attempt to push him off. But he merely adjusted his position to where he was straddling my waist, pinning my arms down and my feet had nothing to connect with. "Get the fuck off." I growled, still keeping my eyes shut tight. If the sweet kid who had once been was now a demon, I have no doubt he could reach in my head. Whether it was through eye contact, I didn't know. But I wasn't about to take the risk.

He laughed and I could smell just a hint of blood on the breath that blew in my face. "What nasty words to come from such an adorable man." A claw drew down my chest and judging from the shadow over my eyelids, his face was just a touch away from mine. "It doesn't sound quite right coming from a mouth like yours."

My stomach felt like it drew in on itself and I wanted to puke. His lips were right there. They hadn't touched mine, but it was one of those sensations, those feelings you get when you know it's there, but have no clue how you know. You just do. And I just knew that they were right there. What the hell is this kid thinking?

"Perhaps a taste and I'll understand how foul things could come from something as sweet as you." He whispered. My insides recoiled as disgust came through me and I fought against him again. There was no way this demon was kissing me. I swung my legs again and, surprisingly, he went flying off me.

I snapped my eyes open and scrambled to my feet to see Dawson standing over James, his hands curled tight and his breathing heavy. James smirked up at him, wiping at a busted lip. "Well, well. The extra found some thunder, yes?"

Dawson gave a humourless laugh. "Yeah, and you're about to see it." He glared down at James, who was licking at his bleeding lip like he was trying to get rid of chocolate left from a candy bar. My lip curled in disgust at his satisfied expression.

He suddenly burst out laughing, giggling like crazy. I think there were even tears leaking down his cheeks. Dawson froze in confusion and only stared down at his now demonic friend. Him nor I was ready for when James lashed out and sunk his hand into Dawson's gut, still laughing like crazy.

A scream escaped me when he pulled his hand back out clutching a bundle of intestines. Dawson didn't make a sound, not even when he fell to his knees, just gazed dazedly at the mess James waved in his face. Bile rose in the back of my throat. I gagged and pressed my forehead to the wall in an attempt to steady myself. But I ended up puking, hearing James mocking the poor kid. "Some thunder, Dawson. And you always boasted about being able to take down anyone, any time, any place."

"What the f-f-fuh fuh- oh god." Pete and the other two had appeared from the room, and I looked up to see three identical horrified faces staring at the two boys in the hallway. Pete pressed a hand to his mouth and Joe blinked hard several times. Andy didn't seem that affected, but he did look a bit green. By now, James had wrapped Dawson's intestines around his throat like a noose, though I wouldn't see why. He was already dead.

"St-tay back!" I yelled, nearly puking again. I waved my hands at the guys, who finally saw me and took a collective step backwards. James looked from me to them with a wicked smile, but before he could do anything, the door I had been trying to get at was thrown open.