What just happened

Hope y'all are ready for this =P Sorry it's taken so long :)

M

----

"There is one line in particular from 'Romeo and Juliet', that I just cannot for the life of me seem to get out of my head," I was sitting cross legged on my bed as Tom spoke to me from the entrance of my trailer.
"Really?" I said with a smile, "and what line would that be?"
His blue eyes caught mine in the artificial lighting and I felt my breath catch in my throat. There was such an unwavering intensity written all over him that I just couldn't drag my eyes away. He was utterly captivating in the best possible way.
"Did my heart love till now?" he started, his voice barely above a whisper. "Forswear it, sight! For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."
I dragged my teeth along my bottom lip, watching him intently as he leaned against the doorframe. 
"You just keep delivering the goods don't you?"

I sat stock still as he took the few steps forward, coming to stand over me on the bed.
"That depends,"
"On what?" I breathed.
"On what you think the goods are."
I could feel my heart hammering against my chest, thundering so loudly I could've sworn he heard it to.
"Well," I sucked in a breath, acting far more brazen than I was currently feeling. "I think almost anything you do would be pretty good."
Before I had a chance to be overly embarrassed by the idiotic remark I'd just made Tom was standing impossibly close to the edge of the bed, his knee pressing down on the mattress as he leaned forwards. His hands landed on either side of my body as he shifted closer.  He smelled of fresh linen and the country and it was every bit as intoxicating as I'd thought it would.
"What are you..."
"Just don't, move," he whispered, his lips dangerously close to mine as his blue eyes bore down into my very soul. Everything about him was like a drug, driving me completely wild, I dragged my teeth along my bottom lip and heard his breath catch just slightly.
"Tom..." he smiled at the sound of his name. "Please..."
He leaned forward, closing the gap between us and...

I sat up with a bolt, my eyes taking a few seconds to adjust to the pitch black of the room around me. Running my hand through my hair I glanced around the quiet trailer and tried to steady my thundering heart. I flopped back onto the bed with a groan covering my eyes with my hands as I regained my breathing slowly.
"Damn it Ava," I chastised myself, "what the hell? You work with him.
I lay there for a few seconds more before reaching over and checking the time on my phone.
3:22 am.
I let out another groan and gritted my teeth together as hard as I could. Stupid brain. What was the matter with me?
"Stupid Shakespeare quoting jerk," I hissed as I threw back the blanket covering my body and revelled in the feeling of the cool wind against my skin. After a few seconds of staring at the ceiling I rolled off the bed and yanked on my running clothes with a little more aggravated force than was necessary. This time it was shorts, a singlet and hooded jacket in preparation on going for an actual run instead of a chat filled walk. I grabbed my headphones from the table, plugged them in to my phone and wandered out of the trailer.

As soon as my foot hit the ground, Tom's trailer door opened his track suit clad body silhouetted momentarily in the doorway as he turned off the light.
Shit.
"Well good morning," he said with a grin as we came to stand between the two trailers.
"Hi," I grumbled.
Don't be mad at him. He did nothing wrong. You had the dream not him.
"Ava?"
I pulled one of the headphones from my ear with an exasperated, "what?"
"Uh," he shook his head a flicker of confusion on his face, "nothing."
"Right," I closed my eyes for a split second and let out an internal sigh, "sorry."
"No need to apologise," he shrugged, pulling his headphones from his pocket, "did you want to run together?"
"Um," I kicked at a pebble on the ground unable to look him in the eye especially after my imagination had created such a vividly perfect image of him, "probably not. You're much faster than I am, I wouldn't want to hold you back."
"I doubt you'll hold me back," he laughed, "we'll start together. If I feel like a different pace I'm sure I can work something out."
With a shrug I put my headphone back in my ear and nodded, "sure."