Waste a little time with me?

"Ava? Can you hear anything? Ava? I can't see her. I can't hear anything. Ava?"
I smiled at the sound of my Mum's voice coming through the speakers of my laptop.
"Just, calm down love, it's still getting the connec..."
"Eeeek, there you are!"
"Hey Mumma," I grinned, "Dad."
"Hey kiddo."
"Tell us everything, how's it going?"
"Good," I slid into the chair beside my bed and watched as my parents glasses clad faces came into vision. "It's been really fun actually, long days but everyone is just so lovely that it makes it worthwhile. How are you guys?"
"We're good sweetheart, same old really," Mum answered on their behalf.
"Work is the same, we're talking about taking a trip over to Europe later this year, Andy and Cheryl are planning it out so that could be good."
"Remember what happened last time you guys went travelling with them though?" I laughed.
Dad nodded with a grin, "yeah, how could we forget?"
"But it was a lovely trip," Mum added.
"That's true, we did have a good time."
"Would've been better if it wasn't Bali though," the two laughed.
"But Europe should be good. We're thinking of going through Germany, Italy, France and then spending some time in England."
I was just about to open my mouth to respond when there was a gentle knock at the door. Before I even had a chance to get up Tom was pulling the door open and walking into my trailer.
"Ava, I just thought I'd..."
"Ava? Who's that?"
"Oh, I'm so sorry!"
Though he didn't look sorry as he walked over, grabbing a chair and plonking himself down beside me.
"Mum, Dad," I glanced across at where Tom was smiling at the screen, "This is Tom. One of the guys I work with."
"Tom?" they said in unison.
"Tom, this is my Mum and Dad, Scott and Irene."
"It's a pleasure to meet you both," he smiled. "I'm sorry for the intrusion, I was just wandering past and saw the lights on in Ava's trailer and thought she could use some company."
"That's very sweet of you," my Mum said with a smile, "how's our baby been going out there?"
There was that pesky blush again.
"She's been doing wonderfully, everyone loves her."
"That sounds about right," my Dad chimed in with a proud look, "you'll have to watch her though Tom, she's got a bit of a mischievous streak to her."
"Ah yes," he looked across at me with a smirk, "we've certainly seen that come out a few times."
"Oh really?"
"Well, I must admit I was a bit of an instigator for it though. But, to Ava's credit she handled her stumble incredibly well."
"Stumble?"
I ran a hand down over my face and sat back in the chair, "we were having a race and I hit the ground spectacularly hard. Needless to say my leg is going to need a bit more make-up than the rest of my body but it's just a graze."
My Dad smirked at the camera mimicking how I was sitting, "Well, it sounds like you two should keep well enough away from one another."
I glanced across at Tom, his blue eyes meeting mine and holding there for a second longer than I expected, "I reckon you're probably right on that one Dad."
I looked back to the screen, my mother's facial expression was worth more than any conversation at that moment.
"I think we should probably leave the two of you to your evening then," she said with a grin, "call us when you have some time sweets."
"I will Mum."
"Tom, it was a pleasure to meet you," the two smiled at the camera.
"And you," he grinned back.
"We love you Ava."
"Love you guys too."
And with one final blown kiss and a wave they were gone, the background photo of the three of us and my sister appearing on the screen once more.

I sat stock still for a moment before turning to look at Tom beside me, he was positively beaming.
"What are you smiling about?"
"They're lovely," he grinned.
Lovely, didn't even begin to cover what my parents were.
"They're incredible," I laced my fingers together on top of the table and smiled, "they're the two greatest people in the whole world."
Tom scoffed playfully, a cheeky grin tugging at his lips, "I don't know, I know some pretty wonderful people myself actually."
"Is that so?"
"Oh it is."
"Tell me about them?"
"About who?"
"These wonderful people you know," I smiled, walking over to the minuscule makeshift sitting area and plonked myself down.
He regarded me closely for a moment before nodding slightly and settling back in the chair.