Chapter Thirty One: Have I Told You (Part One)

The clothes that you wear
The colour of  your hair
The music that you share
I guess that I like you ~
Have I Told You - Matthew Mole (<3)

The Reject - Chapter Thirty One

We entered the shop and were immediately greeted by the smell of scented candles. I almost went back out the door to see the sign board to check if we really were in a clothes store, but it was obvious with the racks and shelves of clothes hanging before us. Jace and I looked at each other. This place had a feel of a restaurant or something instead of a clothes shop.

I sensed a man approaching and turned toward the sound of a 'Hello,' Jace was already looking at him as well, with a polite smile on his face. He was a boy our near age, probably a bit older. I turned on my "first impressions" face as well. His perfume grew stronger as he walked closer. Looking at his nonchalant attitude, he actually didn't seem that bad. 'Welcome here,' his voice was emotionless and I wondered if he could even see us with those sunglasses. Why is he even wearing them indoors? 'If you guys want any help, just call me. Or you can just help yourselves. As you see, we have big collection,' he gestured towards the clothes with both his hands and walked back where he came from.

Jace and I looked at each other; he shrugged at me and I mimicked him before dragging him towards what seemed like the most diverse collection of clothing I have seen in my life in a single place. I even noticed a section of Halloween costumes. At least, that's what I thought they were. I mean, who knows, this is a small town on top of a small hill with a small population. Who knows how the people here are like and what they do when they're bored... I smiled thinking about having a costume party on weekends with all my close friends. Jace should totally dress up like a pirate! Oh gosh, imagine him with a fake beard and saying "Arr, mate!"

Jace flicked my cheek 'What're you grinning about, you weirdo?' I continued looking at him, slight shock from the contact. I liked it when he said that. The way he said it. Weirdo. Like a nickname. Gosh, I really am a weirdo. I guess my grin was contagious cause then Jace was smiling down at me, shaking his head. I turned away, blushing. Can he not be so cute? 'Stop being so cute and pick me a shirt, please.' I gaped at him but he was already turned towards the rack. Did he just pull an Edward Cullen on me right now? He totally said what was in my mind! Right. We're here for clothes. Right now, Jace is actually in clothes that are wet with a sticky liquid and I can imagine how uncomfortable that is. I quickly rummaged through the racks of T-shirts. Not to mention, I found some cool crap, including a shirt that said "Blink if you want me" in bold. I considered... then moved on.

Five minutes later, we were still searching for an alright T-shirt, which would be acceptable for Jace to wear, which didn't have silly pick-up lines or lame slogans on it... Yeah, well we found none. I considered calling that sunglasses dude, but he seemed weirder than the slogans on the shirts so I decided to continue searching for poor Jace. How uncomfortable it must be. I looked at him again and the dark stain of Pepsi was still very much visible on both, his jacket and shirt. I shuddered. Whatever, I'm calling that dude.

'Excuse me! Glasses dude! Where are yo-' I heard something fall to the floor and turned to see Jace's wallet down there. I looked up to see he wasn't wearing his jacket anymore. He must have dropped it when he was taking it off. 'It's alright; I'll get it, Allyn-' I ignored him, as usual, and neared it to pick it up but just ended up kicking it away from me. I gasped, blushed, almost tripped, and still bent 90 degrees, walked towards the wallet again. I could hear Jace snickering behind me. Ugh, I'm not gonna be in this good mood for long. I've managed to spill Pepsi all over Jace and now we can't find a good shirt for him and here I am embarrassing myself even more. Nice going, Jessie. To think this is also the day I realized my crush on this human boy. Sigh.