Chapter Eight - Never Too Late (FINALLY!)

Please note that when Jessie says “My pack” she means Grey, Ashley, Sam, Lily, Katie and Troy. Not her “Old pack”. Enjoy!
ALSO! Here's cover for my other story! I'll tell you a bit about it, but if you're not interested, you can just continue with the chapter down below! Anyway, The Obsessive Villainess is about our protagonist Rose who gets transported into a novel she was reading, not as the heroine or any other character, but as the villain herself! In the original novel, Eleonora, the villain, goes crazy over the main lead, the hero who was her childhood best friend and ends up dying alone in a forest. This time however, Rose is determined to change her fate. There are also many interesting characters and more main leads that Nora encounters. It's a book with a unique story and interesting narration with lots of relatable thoughts and a cool world building, plus scenarios. This is what's been said by most of the readers! :D
Oh god, please ignore the cheesiness in the description, but the story's a lot better, I promise! Haha, you can have fun with the chapter now, sorry for taking you time, and thank you for reading :D

The Reject Chapter Eight

You know it's never too late
Get up and start all over again
You know it's never too late
There's got to be a better way
Don't settle for the cold and rain
It's not too late to start again
Find a way to smile and never let it get away! ~ Never Too Late - Hedley (THE BEST!!)

As soon as I was woken up by Ashley the next morning, I was running around setting everything up. And yes, I was using my WW Speed when no one was looking. We were currently setting up the grounds on which we would be training the kids, teens and a few adults too.

No one cared to help of course.

Not that we needed their help, anyway.

But still, they could have just asked.

Whatever.

I had my hair in a ponytail and a side bang. Hair kept falling on to my face and it annoyed me but Ashley…

Anyway, we had now finished the training grounds. It had a lot of exercise stuff, and we had already marked the forest trees. It’s to see how fast the wolves can go. We had marked the trees to show them the way, and since I’m the fastest, I’m going to be standing at the end of the racetrack, in a small clearing with no trees to see who’s fastest.

Grey, Sam and Troy had also set up wireless cameras on the trees to check on them.

While Ashley and Lily would seeing the computers screens showing what the cameras were observing, Sam and Troy would be running near the teens in case someone got hurt. Katie would be like a host and keep updating the people about the wolves. Grey and I would be racing each other to the clearing before the race began and after he had explained the rules.

There are gonna be many obstacles like trees, fallen trees and well, what do you know, trees. But they are enough. There are also gonna be many hidden traps that I set up. I had tied a thin rope between two trees so that they trip. Old, but effective.

Another one was the water in the bucket hanging from the tree.

Grey had sent me to check the surrounding of the racetrack for rogues or Hunters. After all, it was a long race and it was also in the middle of the forest.

Right now, we were on the training grounds and the race would begin as soon as Grey had explained the rules. He was on the little stage they had set up and my pack was beside him. I was scanning the crowd in front of me for a certain someone who wasn’t even there. I bit my lip.