Chapter Thirty Three - Have I Told You (Part Three)

Let's write a song together
about this other world that you speak of
'cause I'd like to go there with you

I guess that I love you ~Have I Told You - Matthew Mole

Jace's hand was very close to mine. We were painting the remaining green area of the prop and I was trying not to mind the closeness. A little more and...

Jace moved his hand away and I sighed through my nose. I don't know if it was a sad or relieved breath. His effects on me are over the top. Stupid human boy.

'Looks like everyone left,' Jace said and I looked around me in surprise. Oh no...

'You didn't realize?' He asked me and I shook my head. 'You sure are a space case today huh...'

I scowled at him and he laughed as he casually pinched my cheek. 'You never forget to give me that look though.'

I pretended to bite at his hand to hide my blush and he pulled away. I went back to painting to distract myself but I realized that the last bit was done. Our work was finished.

Jace leaned back and stretched from beside me and I looked away when I saw his skin as his shirt pulled up. I tried to calm my heart. Seeing skin isn't a big deal, it's not a big thing.

His skin was paler than mine... I wonder if he ever swims.

Jace stood up to stretch a bit more and I started to put away the equipment into their box. Jace crouched down close next to me and helped me. Our hands brushed a few times and I managed not to make a big deal of that.

I honestly don't know how Jace has this effect on me. I have a mate. An un-rejected mate. Plus, Jace is human! Humans don't have soulmates... Do they? I groaned again. So confusing!

'Alright, that's it,' Jace stood up again and lent me his hand. I raised an eye, looking up at him from my place on the floor. In that position, as Jace looked down at me, giving me his hand, Jace seemed much more than a human to me.

And it made me nervous.

'Let's do something to get rid of all that stress you have,' he said and I considered scowling at him again. 'I don't want you to be a blood pressure patient.'

'Oh, whatcha gonna do? Make me dance?' I said, in order not to let what he said get to me. He cares enough not to want me to be a blood pressure patient. I am turning into such a hopeless romantic, I thought as I gave him my hand.

'Oh,' Jace said, a glint in his eye as if a light bulb just lit up. 'That's a great idea! Come on!' He pulled me up faster than I was ready for and quickly walked out of the backstage area, right onto the big stage. No way, I thought as I struggled not to trip over his legs. It was walking for him, but I had to be faster because of his long strides. Long-legged people... huff.

'Wait, you can't be serious,' I pulled my hand away from Jace's grip and stopped walking with him. 'Jace, I'm not dancing on stage!'

He stopped walking too. 'Why not?' He asked as if he really didn't know. This is a very respectable theatre! I don't know how many big plays have been conducted here! All those amazing people- 'There's no one here,' Jace said. I asked myself if I was always this stupid.

'But still! Do you know how popular this place is? How many celebrities have come here?' I said, knowing that there is no way he can reply to that. We simply cannot do whatever we want here. I am definitely not dancing here, no matter what Jace says.

'Exactly!' he said, and it felt like someone had slapped me. His eyes were so bright and his smile was huge right now. Why is he doing this? This reminds me of the old Jace... The thirteen year old Jace who was always such a prankster, and so much about fun... he always made me so much happy when my old pack got me down.