Chapter Nine : Unknown

The Reject Chapter Nine

A nineteen year old girl and a sixteen year old were the fastest in this pack. They reached me and Grey together. The others came after a minute of them reaching us. I was kinda shocked, actually. I mean, I have never been taken to practice and I always thought that my pack was fast but the results we got were horrible.

Grey and I actually had headaches just thinking about how much work this pack needs. Grey said that I'd probably have to train the teens, since I was good at fighting but for now I'm training the kids.

We were all back on the training grounds to continue the practice. Sam had to carry a fifteen year old boy back to the T.G. (Training Ground) because he had tripped over a tree root. Troy had to carry an eleven year old girl who had gone in on a dare. Idiotic, really. I can't believe that I belonged to this pack.

Grey was back on the stage but this time, the rest of my pack was getting the different grounds ready. My area had mats on it so that the kids won't get badly hurt whenever they tackle each other. I was putting the last mat on the ground when Grey told all parents and siblings to send the 9-12 year olds towards me.

I remembered many faces. Many had changed while others remained the same. Since the group which I had to train hadn't shifted yet, they were fascinated by the wolves that had. I really wanted to shift right then to show them my wolf and play with them but of course, a human can't magically shift into a wolf.

Many parents glared at me as they dropped their kids on my grounds. I told all the kids to sit down on the mats. As I sat in front of them, one hand shot up, waving hurriedly, from the sea of kids.

"Yes?" I asked the girl who looked about eleven or twelve.

"I thought you were supposed to train us! Why are we sitting down?" I smiled at her and replied
"Don't you think you all and I should get to know each other before we start working with each other?"

Many tiny heads nodded, making me smile even wider. "Well then, I'd like to know your names and ages!" I pointed to first kid on the right.

"Neil Biggins. I am ten!"

"Samantha Luke, eleven."

"Katy Harris! Twelve!" And the list moved on..

"Piper Evans, seven." That name made me catch my breath. Evan. It's been so long...

There was a familiar ache in my chest. How could I be sitting her, not knowing if Mama Ebony and Evan were alright? I am truly a horrible daughter and sister. My eyes were burning but I ignored them and kept on smiling, listening to every name and age told by the children.

After everyone was done, I told them the plans for what we were about to do today.

"One of the most important things you should know in a battle, are the weaknesses of your opponent." I was stopped by Cody Smith, a seven year old boy.

"Yes, Cody?" I asked him.

"What does op- opponent mean?" He could get the word opponent out without stuttering and I smiled at him. "Your opponent is the person you are going to be fighting with. Just think that you and Samantha are told to fight each other, so that makes Samantha your opponent, alright?"

He nodded and I continued. "So today, you are going to ask me about any kind of night creature you wanna know about, and I'll give you information about it."

Several hands immediately shot up and I really wanted to laugh. I made a big show of covering my eyes with my left hand and blindly pointing at the crowd with my right, making the kids laugh. When I opened my eyes, my hand was pointed at Michael Timbers, a ten year old boy.

"Go on, Michael." He seemed surprised that I hadn't forgotten his name. I smiled to myself.

"I want to know about Vampires!" He grinned excitedly.

I nodded my head enthusiastically "Why not?"

"So, I must tell you that my knowledge is very limited and I might not know everything about what you wanna know so... here goes!"

"My... Mama used to tell me that Vampires are creatures of the night, just like us. Some of you may think that they are to be hated by Werewolves but that's not true. There have been many times when Werewolves helped Vampires and vice versa... uhm, I mean that Vampires also helped Werewolves.
You could call us Frenemies, I guess. The Vampires, also have a Royal Family. But about them, we werewolves know very little. Anything else?" I looked around and pointed at a raised hand belonging to Race Ethans, age: twelve. I noticed some eleven and twelve years old look at him eagerly. Popular, are we?

"Have you ever met one? A Vampire, I mean."

I smiled at him "Not really, but I have seen one." There were excited whispers going around.
"Really? Where? And how did he look like?"

"I saw him when my pack and I had gone to the palace to introduce me to the King and Queen." There were numerous loud gasps. "You've met the Queen? And the King, too? Oh, my Gosh!"

"You're so lucky!"

"I wish I was in your pack!"

I giggled and put my hands up to calm the excited crowd. "Yes I have met the Queen, the King, too and they were amazing. Can we move on to the next question?" there was still a grin on my face when I pointed to a girl name Marissa Kindle, a twelve year old girl.

"What do you know about the White Wolf?"