Chapter Ten - What to Do?

The Reject Chapter Ten

"The White Wolf?" I laughed nervously "Why do you wanna know?"

Marissa twirled her hair with her index finger "My friends said that we had a White Wolf in our pack but she ran away." There were hushed whispers going around now.

"Oh, really? Why?" I leaned forward genuinely interested in the cover story they had probably made for my disappearance.

"Um... I don't know. People say that she was a spoiled brat and was ashamed of her pack." There was a sharp intake of breath from me. A spoiled brat? I can't believe this pack could stoop so low. I was definitely ashamed of them.

"Well that can't be true." It came out before I could stop myself and the children looked at me with confused faces. "Why not?" Race Ethans asked.

"It can't be true because... well... because didn't you know that White Wolves are the most thoughtful creatures? They can't harm anyone they're supposed to protect."

Everyone had thoughtful expressions on their faces now and I bit my lip to stop from smiling. How cute!

"So... she wasn't a spoiled brat?" Thomas Lee asked.

"Probably not. Mention this point to your parents and ask them about it. And you wanted to know about White Wolves, right? Well, they just happen to be my favorite topic!" I looked around to find all the kids leaning forward, waiting for me to continue. I had to stop myself from laughing.

"So I've read that White Wolves are really slow in growing up. That means that they don't shift on their Sweet 16." There were a few "Awh!"s .

"Yeah, they only shift when provoked. That means that they'll only shift if someone close to them is in danger and they can't do anything in their human form. That's actually how I -uhm my friend, who's a White Wolf shifted."

"You have a friend who's a White Wolf?" About half of the kids present here had said that together and it was seriously hard to control myself from laughing out loud. They were so awed that I had a White Wolf friend, what would they do if they knew that I was the White Wolf?

"Yeah, I do. She and her brother had been taken by Hunters and tied down after being drugged-" There were gasps and intakes of breaths "and they were torturing her brother by hurting him. After they... stabbed him, she couldn't take it anymore and after five minutes- Voila! A large wolf with pure white fur was standing in the room, and the Hunter was defeated." There were sounds of joy from them. A lot of "Woo!"s and "Yeah!"s.

"What happened then?" My sharp ears heard the mumble coming from the shy nine year old Marcus Wells and I motioned for the kids to quite down a bit. "Well, she tracked her pack house and carried her brother out of there."

There were quite a lot of wow's.

All our heads snapped towards the stage where Grey was tapping the mike. Practice's over, I guess.

I stood up along with the kids and made them go towards their waiting family members. Many of them waved and thanked me. I smiled at them all.

We all aimed for the couch to land our butts on with a "Thud!" on the couch, me and Ashley landing on the floor instead.

We both moaned, rubbing out ass-ets.

"We have school tomorrow." I said in a disbelieving tone. There were groans around me. "Don't remind me." Katie mumbled, rubbing her head.

"How could you ever cope with this bunch? They are the laziest I have ever seen!" Troy groaned. I looked beside him to find Sam already snoring softly.

"Aw, poor Sammy." I murmured. "Too bad he won't be able to get a piece of these delicious pancakes." He licked his lips in his sleep. He must really be tired.

"Was it really that bad?" I asked them.

"Yes!" they all -except Sam- shouted with the energy that was left in them, only of course, Grey was still normal.

"Aw, poor fighters." I murmured. "Too bad we have school tomorrow." They all groaned, except the sleepy one, of course.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I was currently leaning on Ashley's car, waiting for her to come out of the bathroom and drive me to school. I was the only one waiting outside, the others were inside.

I wonder where Noah is... Even Jayden isn't here. I shook my head just as Ashley and everyone else came out.

"It's been forever." I muttered as I got in the car. Everyone ignored me, of course. I wanted to stick my tongue at all of them but I didn't want to remove the lollipop in my mouth.

The ride to school was boring as everyone was sleepy. Except me, of course. Remember how I told you that I wake up every morning with a new burst of energy?

Once we reached, I couldn't help but widen my eyes at the change that had taken place in about six months. The peeling paint was now no more and the walls were colored a healthy shade of red. The inside was even better.

People of course stared at all of us. I'm sure they were all mesmerized by the beauty of my pack which, I admit, I am proud of. We were walking together in the hall way, on our way to the office when a smell that made my wolf awaken stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Well, hello there."

Noah...