Spin-off: Day 58 II

Author's Note: Before anything else, I just want to thank Wattpad for not deleting my draft this time. I finally got to finish this without any more complications. Gah

The awesome art on the media is by @KawaiiPotatoOtaku. I love it so much! Every single thing that defines #ShiKi is there. Thank you so much to the wonderful artist :) --- Though I think you changed your username because I couldn't find you anymore. Bby, comment right away so I could dedicate this chapter to you, ok?

----------

Spin-off: Because I Love You (Her Side)

Staring at her now empty room, Kenly's heart sank.

Except for the big brown bear sitting on top of the bed, the everyday objects that used to fill up her bedroom had all been put in large boxes, all ready for tomorrow. It was almost surprising how quick she was able to pack up all her things considering the little time she had, but it didn't really matter. She had already made up her mind. Everything was set and all she had to do was say goodbye to her friends.

"Goodbye, huh."

Her gaze darted to the stuffed bear sitting on her bed. She could still clearly remember how it was handed to her and how it made her so happy. Just by hearing Kise's voice through it, a sweet, melting paralysis would fill her up from within.

Now, however, it was completely different.

Because it hurt to even think about him---so painful that she couldn't help but cry every time. Just hearing his name would remind her of his sweet smile, his gentle warmth, and his loving eyes. And it only hurt even more. So much more.

The fifty-eight days they had spent together passed by quickly like a fleeting dream, leaving only memories of laughters and tears. It was both wonderful and painful; an ambivalence that she couldn't change. An ambivalence that was tearing her heart into two right now. Those memories were wonderful because they were like pieces of a beautiful dream, but they were painful because every single thing was real.

How ironic. Fate is indeed very cruel.

She was in this situation once again...

She was going to leave Kise like what she did to Kasamatsu Yukio before. She was going to disappear from his life without a proper goodbye. She was going to live a life full of regrets once more. Even so, just like before, she knew this was the best thing to do.

But was it really...?

Hugging her knees close to her chest, a soft sob managed to escape from her quivering lips.

I'm sorry

Sorry

I'm so sorry, Ryouta.

A lot of things did happen, but this was the most painful one. This was like a replay of what happened before, and she didn't know if she could ever recover from this emotional trauma without her mother to love and support her any longer.

"Kenlycchi!"

Her body reflexively stiffened up with shock upon hearing that sound. She couldn't believe her senses. Kise's voice was coming from outside and it sounded so real. Was it...?

"Kenlycchi, are you there?!"

She remained frozen for a moment, debating to herself whether she should move or not, her heart thumping loudly against her chest. Kise Ryouta was outside. But what would she say to him? If she saw his face, she'd probably just end up breaking into tears in front of him.