Chapter 3 - Rule #2: You Show Power And Control

Cassidy's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF DEREK ON THE SIDE

     The Protector that had been running behind the rogues was completely forgotten. The humans continued to scream and run away in fear. Jenny was hiding behind Saxon's back, since she barely had any experience on using weapons. David looked around, as if he was trying to find out what he could do, since he wasn't allowed to show his powers in public. The guys were worthless since they couldn't shift, seeing that there were still humans running around. May and I couldn't do anything, we had no weapons on us.

     Note to self: always carry some type of pocket knife of some sort.

     Other than that, everything was in complete and utter, chaos.

     I was pretty sure that it was abnormal for the rogues to continue to grow in size as they charged after us.

     My thoughts were cut off when I felt pain seep through me when the rogues rammed into me. I let out a scream of agony as I landed a few feet away from everyone. Everyone was looking back at me with wide eyes as I laid there, bleeding. I let out a scream once again as I felt someone chomp down onto my left leg. I looked over to where my leg was, and saw one of the rogues. I had been to distracted on wondering how the hell the rogues continued to grow in size, that I hadn't realized that they were not too far away from us.

     "Fuck," I hissed as the rogue bit down even harder. I was pretty sure that if he bit down any harder, my ankle would just pop off from my leg. I lifted my right leg and kicked the rogue swiftly in the face, with heels. He whimpered in pain before he backed away and fell to the ground, since the heel part caused minor damage to his face.

     I arched my body up before my hands curved backwards and pushed myself off the ground. Once my feet landed on the ground, my left leg wobbled before it gave out. I was about to collapse onto the ground if it hadn't been for David. He caught me and steadied me before he put my arm around his shoulders so I could stand on my right foot. He wrapped his arm around my waist to hold me up.

     "Baby, are you okay?" he asked in a rush. I tried to answer him, but suddenly, my voice died in my throat as my tongue went dry. So I just shook my head.

     Everyone had forgotten about the rogues, leaving the job to the unknown Protector.

     "Cass, are you okay? What do we do? Do we take you home, or to the emergency room?" asked Lucas. I tried again to talk, but I couldn't. I pointed towards my neck, trying to explain that I couldn't talk.

     "Someone has to bite you?" asked Leo. I glared at him, but shook my head. I also didn't miss the fact that David's eyes grew dark when Leo had projected that idea.

     "She's saying that she can't talk," said a voice from behind us. My eyes drooped as I tried to regain consciousness.

     Great, I'm going to die, again.

     I thought as I looked up lazily at the Protector.

     "Who are you?" asked Keith. My eyes closed for a few seconds but I managed to snap them open.

     "I'll answer that as soon as I help save her," he said, pointing towards me. Everyone had basically forgotten me.

     "Oh shit! Cass, you're pale as shit," hissed Sax. They settled me onto the ground as they looked frantically around for someone, or something.