Chapter 21 - The Books Of The Past And Future

Cassidy's P.O.V.

PICTURE OF SETH ON THE SIDE

    As I walked down the long, narrow hallway at night, I had a lot on my mind. Although I had told May that I would talk to Christina first about how I felt about everything, I just knew that she wasn't available at this time. So, I decided to venture off on my own to do a bit of research before I talked to my sister. 

     "What are you doing up this late?" asked a male voice. I jumped around and stared eye-wide at the guy who caught me walking out and about past midnight. He looked familiar. I squinted my eyes at him and realized that he was one of the Seekers. I didn't exactly know which one he was, since I haven't been introduced to any of them yet, but I remember seeing him with the other Seekers earlier after I talked to May. 

      "I-um, needed...um," I stuttered. He came closer to me and held the torch above us to get a view of my face. I saw surprise light up on his face before it was replaced back to annoyance. I didn't know if he was annoyed that he was the one who caught me, or if he was annoyed at me not being able to spit out an answer. 

     "You shouldn't be up and out this late, Cassidy. You can get in a whole load of trouble," he informed me. I rolled my eyes.

      "And why do you care if I get in-trouble or not?" I scoffed. He just clenched his jaw at me and looked around the hallway before looking at me once again.

      "I don't care about you, and neither do the other Seekers. We only deal with you because you're Christina's sister. Honestly, we all just agreed that you're dead weight on her shoulders, but, I'm just giving you a heads up that Christina has a lot to worry about and she doesn't need you adding more to the pile," he hissed at me. To be honest, his words stung a lot. I knew that the Seekers didn't like me, but I didn't think that they were willing to talk such nonsense behind my back. It only made me wonder if finding my sister in the first place was such a good idea.

      "She shouldn't be worrying about anything. This is my mission, I was the one who was called up for it, it's you guys who are dead weight, even my sister," I spat out at him. He chuckled coldly and gave me a look that could kill.

      "News flash doll, without us or your sister, you would be nowhere right now. It's time for the big kids to take over, and you and your little misfits can go home," he scoffed. It didn't matter that it was midnight and that I was supposed to be in bed. It didn't matter that I was being treated like trash. But what mattered the most was that I knew that he was trying to get me to go home, so that I could leave my sister alone, the thing was that, she was my home and I wasn't going anywhere. 

      "What's going on here?" a voice barked out. The guy turned around quickly and saw that it was one of the guards that was on night shift. He just waved his hand away and the guard walked away, but not before giving us another glance over. The guy turned back around to look at me.

       "Anyways, I've had enough child's play for the night. Like I said, you're dead weight Cassidy. Just go home and let us take care of the problem. Or you'll just be another problem that I have to take out," he murmured. Suddenly, he was gone. I looked around to see him nowhere. I shook my head and kept walking to the library. I opened the door quietly, trying to make sure it didn't make too much noise that will echo and draw more attention to me. 

      Once I made it into the library, I lit a candle stick and carried it around with me as I searched for more information of the past of the Supernatural World. When I found some relative books, I sat down on the floor and began to read. Tonight was going to be a long night, but I was prepared and ready for anything and everything.